GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Static Low Thread

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
thanks!! but i have some noise issues in the front.. sounds like clunking noise.. and I reinstalled the fronts 3 times already and its still there.. it also sounds like something is hitting something.. but i can't duplicate the sound once it's on jacks.. i don't know what to do.. take it to a shop?? im running out of ideas.. :iono:

Are the springs new? Probably the strut mounts. Are the torqued?

joeeee

Ready to race!
that clunking is the springs binding i have it too on my megan coilovers with eibach springs. when i turn the wheel i can hear the springs making a clunking noise, pretty positive its from the car being maxed low and my coilvers set to soft. when i first installed the new eibach springs on my megan coilvers it did it for a while then went away. recently came back when i softened up the dampner setting but it is getting better little by little.

MeSoGorny

gunna whore sparkys photo again :)

18X8.5 et 45 215/35

23"front, 23 1/2" rears
modded racelands

What kind of rims are those?

iliftthings

Ready to race!
That's because they're not 5x112. And get your own wheels! :bellyroll:

lol you think you're the first mk6 on grids? :lol:

Thank you! I saw a red MK6 on grids in the forums. Just wondering if there is a set of 5x112 instead of using wobble bolts.

lol you think you're the first mk6 on grids? :lol:

Actually I'm 100% CERTAIN I was the 2nd in the states to have them. Mk6Bob had white grids, then I got mine mounted after he sold his. Now there's two others who are on Grids after mine were mounted. The first MkVI on grids was Paul's car from ilovebass http://www.ilovebass.co.uk/photos/paul-mclaughlin/#photo-0. Of the other two in the states one is in FL and the other is in NY/NJ IIRC.

I never said I was the 1st either. I took Paul's car as inspiration and did my own thing with it. He can't drive his car the way I drive mine.

Last edited:

JayFine

Ready to race!
Rota Grids

Actually I'm 100% CERTAIN I was the 2nd in the states to have them. Mk6Bob had white grids, then I got mine mounted after he sold his. Now there's two others who are on Grids after mine were mounted. The first MkVI on grids was Paul's car from ilovebass http://www.ilovebass.co.uk/photos/paul-mclaughlin/#photo-0. Of the other two in the states one is in FL and the other is in NY/NJ IIRC.

Love the grids on your car. They look perfect. Also the TE37's on Mikeh6's car. :thumbup:

Hooloowoo

Ready to race!
High ambitions man, high ambitions.

sig'd

So..? My car, my ambitions ? Or shall I ask you what wheels to roll around on just because you don't like one of my many(and for that matter a plan that I never will go through with) plans ? :)

StayStetti

Banned
It's just funny that people strive to get poor quality wheels that copy others designs. My goal in life is to get LM reps! :bellyroll: