GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The power of the forum

quarantine

Ready to race!
This idiot was posting stupid **** on this forum, he even started bragging about drifting in his M5 and speeding.

A 19-year-old Vaughan man has been convicted of careless driving after bragging in an online forum that he went 100 km/hr over the speed limit.

Vladimir Rigenco was sentenced to a six months driving ban and 12 months probation. He was also ordered to complete a remedial driving program and pay a $1,000 fine within six months.

York Regional Police say investigators were contacted by an American man who has seen the post on the 5 Series Forum site for BMW fans. The suspect had posted a message in which he described in detail driving his 2006 BMW M5S on Apple Blossom Drive in Vaughan at 140 km/hr in a 40 km/hr zone. He was quickly lambasted by other members of the online community, who told him to slow down and be more cautious.

On April 16, Rigenco was arrested and charged in connection with the incident.
video
http://www.globallethbridge.com/Vau...online+post+about+speeding/3381185/story.html

although I don't condone behavior like this, be careful what you type on the internet. Drive safe and don't be wreckless.

PEACE

bryanmn1

Ready to race!
Aren't there rules about hearsay? I guess what you say on the internet is TRUTH.

I'm glad Team America World Police is hard at work. haha.

jasonweremy

Ready to race!
Has this ever happened before? Has someone been charged for a driving offense due to just hearsay? But I guess since that the OP gave info of where he lived and people had seen it, I guess it's possible. Maybe this is a sign of things to come.

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
If he posted details; and they were then able to go independently find witnesses (or already had calls in about the incident and just didn't have a plate number) then it is no longer hearsay...

What a moron; almost as big a moron as his father for giving him a 500 HP car at 19... :rolleyes:

cnimativ

Ready to race!
If he posted details; and they were then able to go independently find witnesses (or already had calls in about the incident and just didn't have a plate number) then it is no longer hearsay...

What a moron; almost as big a moron as his father for giving him a 500 HP car at 19... :rolleyes:

The 140mph speed could be easily argued away since non of the witness can testify about the actual speed. It's like all those MK6 GTI beating M3/STI/EVO claims in the MK6 vs. forum.