GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys, got my powerflex alk in so I'm putting everything back together. I remember thinking that I should have removed an extra bolt for the steering rack when I dropped the subframe. Now that it's all back together everything feels right but as you can see from this pic there is nothing for the 4th subframe bolt to thread into. Is this normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If everything else fits I'd say it's normal. Don't forget to get an alignment.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
If everything else fits I'd say it's normal. Don't forget to get an alignment.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Thanks I'm pretty sure it's right. The subframe doesn't even have any marks like there ever was a bolt there but since my search hasn't brought anything up I thought it was worth an ask! I'll do a test drive this afternoon but otherwise only other driving planned is to get that alignment. Thank you for the reminder!!!

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
For what it's worth I dropped the subframe (nothing was torqued yet) and triple confirmed in my vehicle I have nothing for that bolt to go into.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
And while I'm at it... can anyone explain this to me ?...

Photobucket now wants $399. for anyone to link a photo to the web.

If you use Chrome as your browser this link will help.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/fix-embedded-photobucket/cdngpnpgjighldbibdgpddaieidknhlf?hl=en

Jaber

Modero
Yup, imgur ftw. Although only a matter of time, before they start to ask for money. Storage and bandwidth isn't cheap.

fatvdub

Passed Driver's Ed
ok heres my stupid question

I have a CTS turbo Air intake on my Golf R after cleaning it and letting it dry. Should i just throw it back in or lightly spray so K&N oil on it?

Phur

Autocross Champion
Are the new APR CAI filters oiled or not? I can't find any procedure or tips on their maintenance. (Not that it's difficult)