GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Things passengers do to drive you crazy?

chad13761

Ready to race!
OK, I'm really not "anal", but there's stuff passengers do that drive me insane (usually co-workers and kids). I'm pretty passive and don't want to gripe at people every time I give them a ride, so I'm venting here:

1) A co-worker, who whenever he sits in the back seat, has to raise the rear headrest. This guy is only like 5'-2", so It's not like he needs the headrest up high for safety. I never notice this until later when I look in the rear-view mirror and see the headrest 3" above the seat back.

2) Another co-worker, who for some reason is anti-seatbelt, will sit in the car with the seat-belt chime dinging for a 1/2-mile, until I have to tell him I don't want to listen to it for the whole drive. No I'm not going to VAG-COM my car and get rid of the chime just because this guy has some anti-government sentiment.

3) When I had my 2-door MKV, co-workers again, would never move the seat backs into position after they got out of the back seat. I would always have to move the seats back the next time I got in the car.

4) Footprints on inside of the door and on the glovebox. Damn-it people. The car has a dark interior. Keep your dusty shoes on the floormats! Mostly my kids do this, and it makes me grit my teeth.

5) Opening and closing doors. Why do people feel the need to throw the doors open until they hit the stops, then slam the door with enough force to break window glass. Again, kids. I actually have frequently yelled at my 10-year old for doing this.

What do your passengers do that drive you insane?

Finkikus

Ready to race!
1. Girlfriend doing makeup on the way to somewhere unimportant such as the grocery store. This usually results in a few brake checks.

2. Playing with hair, it gets everywhere!

3. Kids touching windows

4. Kids and girlfriend licking windows (ok that was a joke)

WinkleDinkle

Passed Driver's Ed
I was on a date once with a girl when I was in high school and she put her feet up on my dash. I immediately turned the car around and drove her home. NOBODY disrespects my 1995 Toyota Tercel...

GTI84SD

Ready to race!
Let's see:
1)Makeup in the car
2)Changing the stereo to some crap station
3)Scuffing things
4)Pretty much don't like anyone to be in my car but me.

SwiftGTI

Go Kart Champion
Shoe scuff marks on door panels. It's almost like people use their feet to open the door or something.

Pmanpop

Go Kart Champion
Hmmm this list can be very long
1. Slamming doors
2. Killing my bolsters
3. Foot on seat
4. Complaining that i drive slow
5. Complaining why the ac isnt on
6. Saying i care to much, its just a car
7. Complaining when i park far away from the minivan moms
8. Putting make up in car
9. Leaving slider on sun visor open when closing it
10. Leaning on the car
11. Leaving trash behind

nuggstein

Go Kart Champion
2) Another co-worker, who for some reason is anti-seatbelt, will sit in the car with the seat-belt chime dinging for a 1/2-mile, until I have to tell him I don't want to listen to it for the whole drive. No I'm not going to VAG-COM my car and get rid of the chime just because this guy has some anti-government sentiment.
I refuse to drive with a front passenger unless he/she has their seatbelt on.

Pmanpop

Go Kart Champion
I was on a date once with a girl when I was in high school and she put her feet up on my dash. I immediately turned the car around and drove her home. NOBODY disrespects my 1995 Toyota Tercel...

Hahahahah that will teach them a lesson.

murdoch13

Passed Driver's Ed
When I'm driving and coming to a stop and I see my girlfriend frantically look for the break pedal on her side because she thinks we won't stop

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
I can't stand how my TDI does not have a window lock. I like the windows down and the gf always puts them back up because it messes up her hair. Faaaakkkkkk. Also agree with the dusty feet it pisses me off. My friend and gf for some reason like to hide their trash in my door pocket also. Like that is not a fucking trash can damnit!!

rizzogti

Go Kart Champion
Girl passengers: toe prints on the windshield, touching the windows, wiping hands on the seats like it's a fucking napkin or something, brushing crumbs onto the floor, bitching about my car being too loud...

basically the only passengers i like having are my brother, or friends. only ones that don't complain about stuff and respect the interior of my car.

SmokeyGTI

Ready to race!
Oh man, got a few of these..

1) When people get in and seem to put their feet anywhere but on the damn floor mats. The mats I can just take out and shake off. The floor I have to vacuum. Ugghh!

2) When my sister automatically delegates me to drive to family gatherings. Thereby stuffing 5 good size people into the car for an hour with the back end practically dragging on the ground.

3) When my girlfriend turns the heat on, and I turn it off, and she turns it on, and so on and so on..

4) When a passenger says "you listen to country music? Oh god.." Yes, I listen to country. I tell them if they don't like it they can cover their ears or stick their head out the window.

5) Ok while we're on the subject of music.. and sorry hun but, when you've had a couple glasses of wine and you insist on cranking Meatloaf and using your iPhone as a microphone to sing me the ENTIRE rendition of that 20 min song I don't even care to remember the name of..

6) When people eat those crunchy natures valley granola bars that just seem to positively explode everywhere when you open the package, thereby getting crumbs stuck in the area infront of the shifter.

Other than those things.. I quite enjoy having people in my GTi lol

EDIT: And yes I HATE it when people fling the doors open like they're trying to knock over a 300 lb linebacker. Or slam the trunk shut with all their might. Come on, is that really necessary??

Sent from my Sprint iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

eldiablo1

Ready to race!
I hate when my germ-freak wife breaks out the antibacterial lotion. It flies everywhere as she rubs it in and then ruins interior bits wherever it lands.

(she hasn't been allowed in the GTI yet)

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
I hate with all my life when they put the freaking window down once the car is dried, after a carwash.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: