GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thinking of buying another car.

ewgrosschris

Ready to race!
This is just a thought. Budget of around 22-27k.

Thought about new Gti. Lightly used WRX. Bmw 135i

Id want something pretty based on performance. Decent gas mileage and interior is a plus. If only the Golf R fit into my budget.

I have no kids. And commute about 22 miles a day to work.

Any suggestions. I think I'd like to try something other then FWD.

But I want to hear everyones thoughts.

SmokeyGTI

Ready to race!
Just out of curiosity why are you wanting to get rid or your current ride?

I'd prob go for the mk7 personally (which is what I'll eventually do) but the BMW would be a pretty sweet ride. The WRX may seem a little "cheap" on the inside compared to what you have now. And moving to a used car to me seems illogical if you can swing a new car. This coming from someone also with no kids.

Sent from my Sprint iPhone using Tapatalk

ewgrosschris

Ready to race!
Just out of curiosity why are you wanting to get rid or your current ride?

I'd prob go for the mk7 personally (which is what I'll eventually do) but the BMW would be a pretty sweet ride. The WRX may seem a little "cheap" on the inside compared to what you have now. And moving to a used car to me seems illogical if you can swing a new car. This coming from someone also with no kids.

Sent from my Sprint iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea the MPG and interior of the WRX is what worries me. But can the performance of the AWD make up for it.

And the 135i slightly used would be what I'm looking at, does anyone have any input on the Manual Tranny in the bmw?

dtraill27

Go Kart Champion
Yea the MPG and interior of the WRX is what worries me. But can the performance of the AWD make up for it.

And the 135i slightly used would be what I'm looking at, does anyone have any input on the Manual Tranny in the bmw?

I'm looking at picking up a CPO 128i would love a 135 but I don't think I really need that much power plus the 135 is just as bad on gas as the WRX. It's rated at 17/25. The 128 is 18/28

Lou Maiuri

Banned
135 is extremely impractical. That being said, if you are comfortable with a car that tiny then by all means. I would get a slightly more used 335i but then again gas mileage is a factor.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
personally, I like the shifter feel in the bimmers, but not the clutches.

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
Mustang GT. Done.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
This is just a thought. Budget of around 22-27k.

Thought about new Gti. Lightly used WRX. Bmw 135i

Id want something pretty based on performance. Decent gas mileage and interior is a plus. If only the Golf R fit into my budget.

I have no kids. And commute about 22 miles a day to work.

Any suggestions. I think I'd like to try something other then FWD.

But I want to hear everyones thoughts.

Highway or city miles? If you want cheap, good performance, and decent highway mileage and don't need much space then I'd look no further than a used Corvette. C5 manual trans coupe is like 30 mpg highway and $15k or less.

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
He's in the DC area so even highway driving counts as city.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Highway or city miles? If you want cheap, good performance, and decent highway mileage and don't need much space then I'd look no further than a used Corvette. C5 manual trans coupe is like 30 mpg highway and $15k or less.

Hmmm... sounds like I should trade my GTI for this.