GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thinking of moving to a B8 S4

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion

e90 m3's with superchargers on ADV1's....effing FRESH...

soldier0829

Ready to race!
You must be experiencing what I am but amplified even more.

I finally got to give the S4 a decent workout this weekend playing around in the middle of nowhere with some modded Corvette and the V8 is beastly. I'm only around 350hp and 7k RPM redline but it was a blast chasing the Corvette around some corners flat out at 150 mph :lol:

Of course he was just toying with me, but with some mods I expect to be running with them on the track.

The S4 is more than capable. The only thing that holds it back, at least on my S5, is the steering. It can be a little vague at times. A well-sorted Audi can run down some pretty fast competition, especially in the rain.

Panda - awesome choice. The E9X is going to go down as one of the all-time great sports coupe/sedans. I've been itching to get one myself.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Congrats on the M3 :) So it was still running great even with the miles.

Please post some MPG impressions vs your GTI too. I know its a bit silly but I am curious if they are as bad as ppl claim.

PandaGTI

Go Kart Champion
The S4 is more than capable. The only thing that holds it back, at least on my S5, is the steering. It can be a little vague at times. A well-sorted Audi can run down some pretty fast competition, especially in the rain.

Panda - awesome choice. The E9X is going to go down as one of the all-time great sports coupe/sedans. I've been itching to get one myself.

Thx

Congrats on the M3 :) So it was still running great even with the miles.

Please post some MPG impressions vs your GTI too. I know its a bit silly but I am curious if they are as bad as ppl claim.

Yes, running excellent so far... I'm taking it to my former BMW mechanic (Ronin Autowerks) tomorrow to look over the car, compression check, and leakdown to be sure. If it fails it will go back to Carmax.

If it passes... It's gonna get clear bra tomorrow night:)

I'm not worried, everything feels pretty tight, engine pulls strong... Just as strong as my GTI did by seat of the pants. There is some trim wear, but I looked up the parts and its cheap.

From what other owners on M3post.com they all seem to say that the E90 is the most robust car BMW makes. Many are daily driven and tracked with no issues at all. There are many at 60,000 to 100,000 with no issues.

Tried hypermiling the M3 today and am averaging 21 to 22 mpg with my commute. The GTI would average 27 mpg with no hypermiling.

Hypermiling however is difficult cause you want to just hear the engine rev up... Lol

Getting used to the idrive and all the little surprise features. After spending an hour learning and setting the iDrive... It's a breeze to use. Was able to get the iPod interface to work which is pretty nice and even controls my iphone 5... I just need to get a FireWire iPhone to USB iPhone adapter where I plug in my lightning adapter then I am set.

I just learned today that I have keyless entry and keyless start. Going out cause I was trying to figure out why the doors would unlock as soon as I touch the handle... Lol

Also learned that the brakes hold the car for 3 seconds to prevent it from rolling backward as you let the clutch out.

Trying to keep the mods minimal for this track season and year... Might do the OEM exhaust mod which essentially is a reeled of the exhaust to turn it into BMW's competition exhaust.

Also gonna do an intake and better brake pads for the track.

I'll prolly use stock suspension for now or might upgrade to EDC specific springs or maybe even AST's again

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
good stuff^ agreed on i-drive.. its really not that bad, just takes the initial time to use it. I loved it in my 335xi, and that was the original version as well.