GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thirsty mirrors...

jcarson112

Ready to race!
What's the best way for to get the MASSIVE amounts of water that get sucked up into the exterior mirror housings without having to fire up the compressor every time I give her a bath?

Danny Boy1

Ready to race!
wish i had a compressor, i just blow (no homo)

JDigital

Ready to race!
Depending how brave you are, you could drill a 1/4" hole on the bottom of the mirror, would provide a drain hole for the water.

EDIT: Or keep a small can of compressed air in the car... no need to drag out a compressor then.

jcarson112

Ready to race!
I wonder if anyone else has gone through the trouble of drilling a hole into the housing... if so some instruction could be interesting.

CodeB4U

Go Kart Champion
Just take a 5 hour energy drink, it will get rid of that laziness you speak of.:bellyroll:

koolgreen

Ready to race!
Haha, well played Code!

when I first got my a4 my neighbours thought I was mental as I would back out of the drive and reverse quickly and stomp on the brakes.
Also, as I live in a cul de sac, I did a couple of roundy rounds to centrifugally extract the water from the mirrors.

:)

again, your neighbours may think you are a bit nuts........

P

plac

Depending how brave you are, you could drill a 1/4" hole on the bottom of the mirror, would provide a drain hole for the water.

All the JK Jeep guys do that. Though 1/4" is way too big. 1/8" would be plenty.

Diego Armando

Go Kart Champion
Try folding a paper towel and sliding it under the mirror (no homo) after your wash and go for a ride. The paper towel will pick up most of the water without it dripping onto the car.

Marvin

Ready to race!
What's the best way for to get the MASSIVE amounts of water that get sucked up into the exterior mirror housings without having to fire up the compressor every time I give her a bath?
The strangest faults are reported by you American guys, they really are! Have absolutely no troubles with this or dribbling rear wiper washer.
Do have copious amounts of water running out of the door's drainage holes upon opening doors after heavy rain or having washed the car.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Mine seem to retain zero water unlike my last car that would leave water running down my front doors hours after the car was washed. Luckily this isn't a problem for me.

07CARRERA

Ready to race!
when I first got my a4 my neighbours thought I was mental as I would back out of the drive and reverse quickly and stomp on the brakes.
Also, as I live in a cul de sac, I did a couple of roundy rounds to centrifugally extract the water from the mirrors.

:)

again, your neighbours may think you are a bit nuts........

that's hilarious! I do the same thing in my driveway and cul de sac. I wonder if the neighbors think i'm going to hit their car when I accelerate backwards! LOL

mortis

Ready to race!
I've used the leave blower a few times. A shopvac works fine too.