Just waiting to hear back from HS

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Lol I forgot! It's Wednesday already lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol they had to contact apr basically waiting on their reply back

fuelforfire87

Ready to race!
So for anyone on here that has installed this throttle body, is it possible to access any of the screws or bolts holding the TB in place from underneath the car? I just received mine today and was thinking about returning it but I might try it out if it is not super hard to install.

jkells

Ready to race!
Its rather easy with the DIY. And you maybe able to do it underneath but its just as hard to do it from the hood

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

A3-Owner

Ready to race!
Soo jealous,
-0.8 long term fuel trim... I run at -5.6 - -6.6 area, I think I have a boost leak post turbo and can't locate it properly.

Not sure if it makes a difference but I have a 3.2 R32/A3 fuel pump in my tank. It worked the best for fueling when I was big turbo. I left it in there because it works fine as a STG 2 TSI motor pump.

fuelforfire87

Ready to race!
So has everyone who has installed this tb got a code? I am also APR tuned so doubt i would be able to get a custom tune from them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Apr doesn't see a point in making a tune for it. "Don't waste your time. TB is post turbo, so it doesn't need to be any larger."

fuelforfire87

Ready to race!
I understand why APR would say that. Usually the stock throttle body is more than enough to accommodate how much air you can feed it, and it is designed to work well with the stock manifold (excluding big turbo max effort builds).

To play devil's advocate, APR would not be benefiting from making a tune with a larger TB, and we all know how hungry they are for cash, so why would they waste their time. I agree that without a custom tune it won't make any more power than the stock TB, but everyone on here that has installed it said the throttle response increased and turbo lag decreased so why not try it out.

I plan to install the throttle body soon, and give my impressions. If I don't feel a significant difference then I will reinstall the stock TB and sell the Grams.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
I understand why APR would say that. Usually the stock throttle body is more than enough to accommodate how much air you can feed it, and it is designed to work well with the stock manifold (excluding big turbo max effort builds).

To play devil's advocate, APR would not be benefiting from making a tune with a larger TB, and we all know how hungry they are for cash, so why would they waste their time. I agree that without a custom tune it won't make any more power than the stock TB, but everyone on here that has installed it said the throttle response increased and turbo lag decreased so why not try it out.

I plan to install the throttle body soon, and give my impressions. If I don't feel a significant difference then I will reinstall the stock TB and sell the Grams.

I feel the same way honestly I really want to try it out.

Joveen

Ready to race!
Then try it out. If you are serious about tuning pro tune is always the best way to go.

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk