GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

THROTTLE BODY UPGRADE (or replace)

italiansanto

Passed Driver's Ed
Lol, haven't been a member of the forums for long so I don't have a build thread.

But instead of hating, you can just read the DIY or move along. [emoji50]

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

I read the DIY and I'm not hating. Take it as constructive criticism man. Point being is if you're going to talk the talk, you've got to walk the walk my friend. The proof is in the pudding and it appears the cook is out of commission. In other words show us the proof or it didn't happen.

jkells

Ready to race!
Did you ever do the throttle body adaption via vag com?
Well, update. It wasn't a vacuum leak. I had to adapt the throttle body. I didn't use vagcom. Old method, which most will disagree but it worked:

1. Open drivers door.
2. Open hood.
3. Put key in ignition.
4. Turn to ACC.
5. Leave for 3 minutes.
6. Close hood.
7. Turn it over.
8. Enjoy your car starting on the first crank again. :)

Gti For Me

Go Kart Champion
The ecu adapts the throttle body every time you turn the key on and off

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
The ecu adapts the throttle body every time you turn the key on and off

That's not true if it was what would be the point of the throttle body adaption in vag com. It will re adapt if you reset the check engine light if your apr tuned and use the cruise control stalk.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Well, update. It wasn't a vacuum leak. I had to adapt the throttle body. I didn't use vagcom. Old method, which most will disagree but it worked:

1. Open drivers door.
2. Open hood.
3. Put key in ignition.
4. Turn to ACC.
5. Leave for 3 minutes.
6. Close hood.
7. Turn it over.
8. Enjoy your car starting on the first crank again. :)

well since you didn't do it till now that would most likely explain why it wouldn't start on the first try all the time.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
I read the DIY and I'm not hating. Take it as constructive criticism man. Point being is if you're going to talk the talk, you've got to walk the walk my friend. The proof is in the pudding and it appears the cook is out of commission. In other words show us the proof or it didn't happen.

Not sure what he needs to prove. Let's keep it on topic.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Wish there was a way to still use a uni dv relocation kit with this tb.

Jcarollo765

Ready to race!
I just want to know if this will increase HP on a K04 with no extra modifications....

93serprise

Ready to race!
I just want to know if this will increase HP on a K04 with no extra modifications....

Ditto. That is what I wish to know as well :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Are you saying its not possible?

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

It's not unless you get a custom hose made like unis with a bigger diameter to fit on the larger tb.

Joveen

Ready to race!
It's not unless you get a custom hose made like unis with a bigger diameter to fit on the larger tb.
Isn't this throttle 70mm and the coupler for the uni is 3" which is 76mm. So why wouldn't it fit?

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Isn't this throttle 70mm and the coupler for the uni is 3" which is 76mm. So why wouldn't it fit?

Look at the pics on the first page size difference you can clearly tell that the new tb is bigger then the oem one from the side comparison. The uni hose was ment to fit on the oem tb and it fits snugged on it I doubt it would fit this 70mm.

Dasteknoviking

Ready to race!
In for results. I miss the throttle response of my NA cars. CCTA here with a K04. If it indeed does improve throttle response its worth it for me.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk