GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ticking/flapping noise in rear...

SVS

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello!

I was out of town for a while and ever since I got back, my car has a clearly audible ticking/flapping noise coming from the rear. The noise is matched to the speed, i.e. it gets faster/slower depending on the car's speed. I got it checked out by a mechanic, who put it up on a lift and examined the rear tires, and it all looked good. He also gave a visual inspection on the brakes and wheel mounts, and saw nothing amiss.

He figured that maybe since the car was parked for a while, and it being humid around here, it was the rust/dirt on the brake discs, which will clear up after some use. There was a very visible build up of rust on the discs when I got back. He suggested breaking hard to help clear it up, which I have done, but the noise persists!

Anyone else have a similar problem? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!!!

Check ur lugs and cv joint bolts.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Make sure you don't have a pebble in your tread.

Haha didnt read it all the way.

Its also somewhat a joke cuz thats why my transmossion had to be changed for the third time. They came loose and impacted the tranny.

Jason3D

Go Kart Champion
Ha, I thought the title of this thread said your car was making a Fapping sound. It's usually just the driver that makes that sound :D