GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Time to ditch the GTI?

85RedGolf2.5

Go Kart Champion
Tiguan 4 Motion? Any mods done to the engine on the GTI will transfer over, and you'll have the ride height needed and the AWD wanted, and Top Gear proved pretty damn good in the mud on their episode from two weeks ago!

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Tiguan 4 Motion? Any mods done to the engine on the GTI will transfer over, and you'll have the ride height needed and the AWD wanted, and Top Gear proved pretty damn good in the mud on their episode from two weeks ago!

Just like the GTI supposedly is, they're unreliable according to the OP.

85RedGolf2.5

Go Kart Champion
True, but I don't see the point in shopping for a Jeep or a Nissan, when he isn't wanting to go NEW. Jeep is part of Chrysler, and anything PRE Fiat ownership we all know has Horrible transmission reliability, Especially in the Truck line up! As for Nissan, Never seen an Older model nissan make it past a 10 yr lifespan except in the RARE cases of the Bare Bones, Base models

Chiefa2j

Ready to race!
test drive the FJ cruiser. Its everything you want except maybe gas milage. Test drive it and that will end this thread!!

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
True, but I don't see the point in shopping for a Jeep or a Nissan, when he isn't wanting to go NEW. Jeep is part of Chrysler, and anything PRE Fiat ownership we all know has Horrible transmission reliability, Especially in the Truck line up! As for Nissan, Never seen an Older model nissan make it past a 10 yr lifespan except in the RARE cases of the Bare Bones, Base models

I know people with early 2000s Xterras going strong... I think Nissans are pretty reliable, they just make mostly garbage cars.

As for Jeeps, anything 2005 or earlier with that 4.0 I6 should be pretty bulletproof. Or the 2011+ V6 seems nice. If I bought a Jeep it would probably be a 2003 or so 4.0 6 speed.

Chiefa2j

Ready to race!
Oh and I had an xterra the only problem is that it I felt it was cheply made you heard all kinds of noises, And resale value sucked!!!!

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
Oh and I had an xterra the only problem is that it I felt it was cheply made you heard all kinds of noises, And resale value sucked!!!!

1. It's a truck based platform and not a crossover, so it will ride rougher and have some sounds. Mine is pretty quiet though, other than the endlinks clunking at 18k miles. I re-torqued them and they were good to go again and quiet. My friend's FJ is a rattle box, which is partly why he hates it. So, we have opposite experiences and both may not be the average consumer experience..

2. Resale, I'd say this is a good number if I could get close to it. I only paid $27,xxx for it brand new:

Chiefa2j

Ready to race!
1. It's a truck based platform and not a crossover, so it will ride rougher and have some sounds. Mine is pretty quiet though, other than the endlinks clunking at 18k miles. I re-torqued them and they were good to go again and quiet. My friend's FJ is a rattle box, which is partly why he hates it. So, we have opposite experiences and both may not be the average consumer experience..

2. Resale, I'd say this is a good number if I could get close to it. I only paid $27,xxx for it brand new:

Like you said I guess two diffrent experinces. As for resale looking it up and actually getting what it says is two diffrent things. But you know that becuase you said if you can get close to it. Honestly I just think for what they are they are over priced and not worth it. Again pesonally. Ive had an FJ and love it. Off road moutains, swamps, snow, flooding you name it I put it thru it and it help like a champ. I guess it all depends in both worlds if you end up with a dud!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Mazda CX-5 or Subaru Forester.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
OP just posted a question... and a few angry replies and went MIA :laugh:

McQueen77

Banned

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie