GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tired of door dings? B.Y.O.C.!! [Pics]

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
This is new.

I parked at the store today on the way to work and this guy was putting out a road cone in the space next to him before going into the same store. I can only imagine this was designed to prevent someone from parking near him.

Don't want anyone parking next to you? Bring Your Own Cone!

Attachments

• IMAG0276.jpg
    IMAG0276.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 246

vdubthug420

VDUB arrrrrrrr32
This guy is my hero. Doesn't look like too many cars in that lot though lmao

I just park far away to avoid door dings... :)

Thumper

Autocross Champion
OMG, that is freaking awesome. Wonder when that bolt of inspiration hit.

"Hey, what if....." :D

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Damn, wish I had thought of that. :laugh:

And it is on the correct side. So he can get out and not get wedged in on the driver side because the general public is usually to retarded to park correctly next to your driver side. :thumbsup:

walker

Go Kart Newbie
I frequently carry 8 cones in my car (to mark an ultimate frisbee field), yet I've never thought of this. I think it's one of those moves that say "please key my car".

btw, neon is the worst vehicle ever made. Maybe he's warning people not to park next to it 'cause it may explode at any second.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
I frequently carry 8 cones in my car (to mark an ultimate frisbee field), yet I've never thought of this. I think it's one of those moves that say "please key my car".

I though that too, but think about it, unless they see you putting out the cones, most people would just assume the owner of the lot did it for some reason.

If you want to get really involved, you can carry some tape with WET PAINT on it and actually block off a space or two on either side.....which won't work if the lot has old faded lines. :D

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
You can't see it but directly to the right of that empty space there's a shopping cart corral right there. I usually park right up next to it so as to reduce ding risk by 50%. I assume there was another car there which had left before I pulled through.

The funny part - and this is kind of sad - is that this tactic will work in Northern Virginia because our drivers are so dumb. In New York City someone will drive over the cone, park, then key this guy's car out of spite. In NOVA drivers will pull up, see the cone, assume there's a reason, and keep looking. We're just too compliant around here.

The lot looks empty in the morning because a good number of the popular stores in that shopping center have shuttered since no one can afford rent in Burke, VA these days. It was exceptionally empty this morning. I stop by that grocery store though for $1.09 Pepsi Maxes and $1.50 Rockstars out of the cold case. That's cheaper than warm 4 packs everywhere else!

nik

Go Kart Champion
My buddy used to do something similar back in the day. We were close enough to home, so when he went home for lunch he would cone his parking spot (which was right in front of the main door most days) so no one would jack it.

jerm

Ready to race!
I've seriously though about doing this before; I've just gotten used to finding corner spots away from anyone or parking at some places where there is a median between each spot. I guess I've just been lucky so far.