GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

traction control light flashes after geting REVO'd

nbturbos

Passed Driver's Ed
Just got my GTI chipped with REVO, it's a completely different beast now, let me say that first.

However now when I turn off traction control the light blinks constantly, at a stop, while cruising...whatever. When I turn TCS on, the light turns off and doesnt blink. Anyone else have an issue like this, either after getting chipped or stock?

Thanks in advance.

MasterKevin

Ready to race!
lol when the light is Flashing it just means TCS is off. will flash until you hold ECS button again and TCS on. And the light will only flash temporarily when you wheel spin in 1st or 2nd with TCS on etc.

its normal in other words lol

FNR32

Ready to race!
Does this only happen on DSG cars? My GTi doesn't flash when i turn TCS off, it just stays solid. However, I had a 4 door DSG loaner before my car got here that did that...

joga

Does this only happen on DSG cars? My GTi doesn't flash when i turn TCS off, it just stays solid. However, I had a 4 door DSG loaner before my car got here that did that...

I think that's one of the changes VW made to the '11 model.

jasonweremy

Ready to race!
It's normal for it to flash on the 2010's but it could have changed for the 2011's.

MasterKevin

Ready to race!
i got a 09 so no idea haha but thats what happens to mine

Hilfloskind

Go Kart Champion
I actually have what I think is an opposite situation with mine. With my traction control ON, I have a hard time even getting it to flash when I slam on the gas in 1st/2nd. I would expect more wheel spin than this with stage 1 based upon everyone else's feedback. Seems like a lot of people talk about having difficultly keeping the wheels planted in low gears at hard acceleration after flashing, I have not seen much of this.

Maybe my power levels are lower than advertised by a significant amount and I don't realize it?

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Mine flashes under moderate acceleration. I need better tires.

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
^
Some dunlop star specs should make you and your wallet happy. :)

I have stock summer tires (conti SP3)..i don't know if they are helping any.