GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Trade in for an MK7 or go Ko4?

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
keep your mk6 its the last gen that was made in germany. but i'm not gonna lie that factory LSD and new almost k04 power on the mk7 from the factory is nice very very very very very very nice! :drool:

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
For me there's value in the feeling of security that owning my car outright provides, the enjoyment of upgrading my car with no worries about warranty or resale value, and I love it when people look at the condition my car is in and ask "it has how many miles on it????"

I think I'd have to come at least $15k out of pocket to upgrade to a base Mk7. It is certainly a very nice car, but I still really enjoy my Mk6 and for $15k I can turn my car on to an amazing weekend track car that's still awesome for my daily drive while having money left-over for a new engine should I actually ever need it.

This all day. This car is extremely rewarding with the endless upgrades available. Ask me how I know....lol

riceburner

Autocross Champion
See first page of my build thread in sig

I went from MK7 Stg1 + bolt ons to this MK6 K04. I personally feel like this move was worth it; the MK6 is simply a better built car compared to the 7. Yes, it lacks some of the new technology and frills, but its a more solid car. Built in actual germany, not Mexico. Yes, manufacturing practices are generally the same blablabla but literally you can feel the MK6 is tighter and it rattles less.

Power delivery: With bolt ons i estimate my stg 1 7 made ~320whp/380wtq. Impressive and it certainly was a hella quick car, not losing by too much to a k04 6 w/ extras.

But this 6 with k04, especially in dsg, is serious. It's awesome and if i were in your shoes i would slap in a k04 and be done.