GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

transmission issues

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
hey guys
are there any known issues with the automatic transmission?
in the past ~30 days, my transmission light has come on twice.
it normally disappears within a couple hours, but when it comes on, it shifts hard and feels jerky.
also, during a cold start, my car wont rev high like it normally does for about 30 seconds. this only happens when the transmission feels jerky and harsh

i tried searching around, but couldnt find anything

it does also tend to happen after canyon cruises where im keeping 2nd and 3rd throughout most of the cruise.

ill be taking my car in for the 20k soon, so hopefully they can figure it out

GOLF NUTT

Drag Race Newbie
I think you already answered your own question. Probly overheating your transmission by driving in 2nd and 3rd gear for an extended time.

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
I think you already answered your own question. Probly overheating your transmission by driving in 2nd and 3rd gear for an extended time.

happens when im just driving around too. the car is in drive. i rarely pass 3k rpm when im going around down and trying to save gas

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
fault code 01314-013 check stored dtc memory

i can figure out how to check the memory lol. every time i run an ODB2 scan, nothing pops up

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
Have you scanned the TCM itself? Basic reset maybe?

TCM?
i dont want to reset it cause then the fault codes will clear and the dealer wont have anything to look at

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
it doesnt tell me how to check the DTCs
im trying to figure that out

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
at the dealer now. she said it might be the MAP sensor or there might be an update on the ECM or TCM.

i told her that the fault was stored in the ECM and that there was a manifold pressure code being thrown through OBD2

she also complimented my tails, and my tires.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
at the dealer now. she said it might be the MAP sensor or there might be an update on the ECM or TCM.

i told her that the fault was stored in the ECM and that there was a manifold pressure code being thrown through OBD2

was she hot doe?;)

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion

YOURE WELCOME FOR THE TAILS :D