GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TSI Wastegate Rattle?!

SFvalleyGTi1

Go Kart Champion
Oh shit, I dont know if they will void my warranty since i have AWE DP.

With my experience from BMW dealerships is that each one is different. Some are assholes and will void warranty if you have coilovers or exhaust. Others did not care what mods you had they would do the repairs. There were also dealers that I dealt with that when I took my car in for turbo issues and they saw the catless downpipes, they just asked me to put the stock downpipes on and bring the car back for warranty repairs.

Your best off contacting a service advisor or one you always deal with and ask them if it would create any problems if you have downpipe on the car when they are doing this TSB. Dont be dumb driving the car into the lot fully modded and expect coming out with warranty.

I believe any dealership that does APR flashes will NOT care about any mods your car has.

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
No this is not something that has to be, needs to be, or automatically will be done.

The only things that get done automatically are Recalls and RVUs. Recalls are safety related, you will get a letter in the mail and they make an effort to get you in ASAP to get it fixed. Required Vehicle Updates or RVU's (usually mistakenly referred to as recalls) are not safety related so people do not get mass notified. When your VIN is ran through the VW system it will pop up with any open recalls and any RVU's, that's the only time you'll find out about RVU's.

For example John, you didn't know you had the Kessey reflash open for your car, you weren't notified by VW becasue it doesn't affect your safety but it is problem they know about that is fixed through software, so every affected car will show the open RVU when you run the VIN and will get the new software. A TSB is a technical service bulletin... it's basically a heads up that hey IF you see this complaint look into this. For example there's a TSB for bluetooth to iphone issues, dropped calls, ect... all the TSB says is make sure the iphone has software level of at least 4.1, anything older is prone to issues... clearly that's not an issue for everyone, VW isn't going to mail you a leter about it, if your car comes in we aren't going to automatically have you check to see if you have an iphone and if so what software level it has.

Hopefully that clears it up a bit.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
word, thanks for clarifying - i forgot about the differences, but now remember when there was only a TSB for my C6's camshaft coming lose... but I found out on the track, so that was fun, but covered under warranty! thanks 350lb truck driver at the track! :lol:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Because you always keep your car over 5000 RPM's John.:laugh:

HEY MAN, ITS THAT DSG GOODNESS I GOTZ, LOTS OF REVS MANG!! :p:laugh:

Hilfloskind

Go Kart Champion
My personal TSB was adding an unresonated Downpipe...haven't heard it since!

SFvalleyGTi1

Go Kart Champion
can anyone post a vid for the rattles, i really dont know how that rattles sound. thx

Thats going to be a tough task... At least on my car the rattle is only on medium to hard acceleration. It would be hard to pick up its sound from inside the car with a camera....

It sounds like metal hitting metal at a good pace... I think best way to hear it is in 2nd gear from 2500-3200 WOT

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
You don't need a video, the first post tells you what to do to duplicate it. If you do that and don't get a metallic rattle than this doesn't apply to you, enjoy your car and move on instead of trying to find a way to make it rattle, if it did it you'd know.

Dave10781

Go Kart Champion
SO glad this is getting fixed. Brand new cars should not rattle like they're about to fall apart... not until after the warranty at least. ;)