GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TT-RS/Golf R master cylinder

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
I'll find a way to get everyone the info they need to source the part if I can. The cost/hassle of doing this and finding out you have the wrong part is hard to do. I know, that's why it took me so long to do it. As soon as it became a secondary car I took the plunge and it paid off for me. But if you get the wrong mc and can't return it then you may as well have burned that $$ MCs aren't commonly faulty...

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
I'm borrowing a camera from my Mom that may help me to get the part # off of the MC w/o uninstalling anything.

in the meantime here is some info from the autohaas auction for the MC I bought. They don't currently have another but this may help you to track it down!

Item# 121473717921
Stock# 002449
Interchange# 541-50365
Purchase date 11/5/14

Last edited:

Betogli

Ready to race!
I'm borrowing a camera from my Mom that may help me to get the part # off of the MC w/o uninstalling anything.

in the meantime here is some info from the autohaas auction for the MC I bought. They don't currently have another but this may help you to track it down!

Item# 121473717921

Stock# 002449

Interchange# 541-50365

Purchase date 11/5/14

:thumbup: :thumbup:

BDTuning

Ready to race!
The 25.4mm MC that you need is also used on 07-13 TT that have the 3.2 engine.

The base 2.0 TT uses the same MC as the golf R which is 23mm.

The Centric MC that is 25.4mm is currently not in production. Which is what Centric direct told me on the phone yesterday.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
The 25.4mm MC that you need is also used on 07-13 TT that have the 3.2 engine.

The base 2.0 TT uses the same MC as the golf R which is 23mm.

The Centric MC that is 25.4mm is currently not in production. Which is what Centric direct told me on the phone yesterday.

Mike so which one do we want now?

Talguy

Go Kart Champion
You want the larger one I thought as our MC is 23mm same as the golf r

BDTuning

Ready to race!
So end result is that 8J1611021E is the largest.

Yep that's correct for easy fitment.

The largest one is the Toureg which is 26.99mm, The issue with this one is the brake lines would have to be redone as they connect on the other side of the master cylinder.