GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TT-RS/Golf R master cylinder

jshay

Go Kart Champion
Would upgrading the reservoir be beneficial performance wise or could I use the stock one?

Can't seem to find any that have both the MC and the reservoir without buying seperately and paying $700+.

jshay

Go Kart Champion
I searched around the forums and seems like people replace just the MC but not the booster. Is there no benefit of replacing the stock booster?

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
The stock reservoir wouldn't fit. If I don't remember wrong

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
I searched around the forums and seems like people replace just the MC but not the booster. Is there no benefit of replacing the stock booster?

The way Bruce explains it the booster is selected by the engineers based on how much effort they deem appropriate to depress the pedal so it's very subjective. Replacing the booster may yield a better pedal feel for some but not others. I've considered swapping the booster but I've also considered swapping to the Touareg MC, that will require replacing or at least re-routing the hard brake lines as the ports are on the opposite side of our MC.

In regards to the stock reservoir I didn't use mine. I seem to have found the only used MC and reservoir in the states... However before I found it I talked to HS Tuning whom as far as I know was the first to do this swap on Clownish's car. They told me they could modify my reservoir by cutting something to make it fit and I think it was going to be like $100 for that... It's been long enough since I did my swap though that I don't recall what needed trimmed I remember thinking there is no way I would pay someone to do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MacRadiators

Passed Driver's Ed
The only good one is 8J1611021E , i was quoted 220$ for a new one today, made by ATE
i have Cayenne front setup on 340x30mm discs and pedal travel is too long on my FR Leon 22.22mm piston, so gonna order the good MC ;)

jshay

Go Kart Champion
The only good one is 8J1611021E , i was quoted 220$ for a new one today, made by ATE
i have Cayenne front setup on 340x30mm discs and pedal travel is too long on my FR Leon 22.22mm piston, so gonna order the good MC ;)

Where'd you find it for $220? Can you PM me once you've gotten yours?

MacRadiators

Passed Driver's Ed
Official price from sellers here in Romania, ATE brand new in the box, 25,4mm pump
Braking is strong with this setup but pedal travel is too long , gotta solve that

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
I've been giving consideration to bending some new hardlines and trying to install a touareg MC since that's actually what should be mated to my brake system.

MacRadiators

Passed Driver's Ed
That should work nice if you can get the pump to bolt directly, for sure the pump would cost much less, you can get them for 20$ compared to 220$ for the new RS3 pump.

MacRadiators

Passed Driver's Ed
caliper piston area was calculated wrong, it shows just half the area
we have pistons on both sides, so all results must be multiplied by 2
GTR Rear 4x30mm pistons
Area 4 x 15x15x3.14=2826 sq mm/ caliper

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
That should work nice if you can get the pump to bolt directly, for sure the pump would cost much less, you can get them for 20$ compared to 220$ for the new RS3 pump.

Yes I like the price point but I'm not sure what all would be involved with swapping the booster if the stock booster isn't compatible. It's a low budget project though so I may take it on this winter but in general I'm trying to keep parts to replacing faulty parts only...

LAGP

Ready to race!
I've been giving consideration to bending some new hardlines and trying to install a touareg MC since that's actually what should be mated to my brake system.

I heve the Touareg MC instaled, I used some short extensions on the hard lines to connect them, also consider changing the brake light switch.

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
I heve the Touareg MC instaled, I used some short extensions on the hard lines to connect them, also consider changing the brake light switch.

Wow! That's so cool that someone has done this. Would you mind sharing some pics of the adapters? Possibly part number of the MC?

I'm curious iffy the same as what is common place here in the US.

Did you keep the OEM booster?