GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TTE420 for TSI

Stero1Dcc

Ready to race!
Hey, guys who do you think would do a good job tuning TTE420 on TSI?

Thinking of jumping from K04 to TTE or maybe GTX2867R

A3-Owner

Ready to race!
United Motorsports

United Motorsports tuned a A4 with the TTE420 recently at BW in Denver. The A4 TSI had full bolt ons, built motor and a Loba HPFP. The first tuner got something like 340 WHP and 360 wheel torque. The A4 owner was not happy. UM tuned it and got 375WHP and 430 wheel torque. The owner is now very happy.

FriggenT1

Banned
Tte technically doesn't are a tsi turbo, but obviously it's just a matter of having a little welding done...it's not a cheap turbo though, and needs the fuel upgrade(s)

jettaglis

Go Kart Champion
I would pick a power goal, then tuner and see what the tuner would recommend to get you there.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Hey, guys who do you think would do a good job tuning TTE420 on TSI?

Thinking of jumping from K04 to TTE or maybe GTX2867R

Question for you- Are you going to build the motor? Usually recommended when going Stage III on TSI motor I think.

drepai

Go Kart Champion
IMO TTE420 is ridiculously overpriced for a stock frame turbo with a clipped turbine wheel. I doubt you'll be happy coming from a k04.

You'll be much better off with a gtx2867, especially if you're building the motor and taking full advantage of your setup. If you don't want to go with apr stage 3 then unitronic and eurodyne are basically your two options.

Hoosier Daddy1

Ready to race!
IMO TTE420 is ridiculously overpriced for a stock frame turbo with a clipped turbine wheel. I doubt you'll be happy coming from a k04.

You'll be much better off with a gtx2867, especially if you're building the motor and taking full advantage of your setup. If you don't want to go with apr stage 3 then unitronic and eurodyne are basically your two options.

Agree with this fully! There's also a GTX29 you could look at. Plus these will make much more up top than a TTE with the right supporting mods and EGT's don't stay high

FriggenT1

Banned
In fairness, it's a k04 frame, but with a k16 wheel, and it'll run 10s with still being an OE turbo that nothing really has to be changed. TTE also makes a very good product from my understanding.

How much more is a GTX kit vs that?