M3 Eater
God I love this site.

GTmyI

Ready to race!
So Fast!!!! :eek:

:thumbup:

GP813

Ready to race!
Zhij, Watched some of your other vids on youtube, hilarity ensued with some of the commentary.

fabio1

Ready to race!
Nice vid!!

question: with your maestro 7 and your file, you can load the sime file into another Mk6? or you can only use with your car?

thanks!

zhijjawi10

Go Kart Champion
Nice vid!!

question: with your maestro 7 and your file, you can load the sime file into another Mk6? or you can only use with your car?

thanks!

You get a base map with Maestro, your tuner then tweaks that map to fit your exact setup.

themyst

Ready to race!
FBO 335's run 117-120mph.

OP, Nice videos, but gotta laugh at the "ProTuned" cars throwing CEL and having timing issues. Wonder if they are really protuned or just bs? FYI Jb4 cannot be "protuned".

Is your gti dsg or manual?

the timing issues are attributed to the auto transmission perceiving too much torque during and after the shift, keeping timing down to protect itself. The problem is the table is not available for alteration yet in ATR/ATP.

The "workaround" to this fix is to run a piggyback (JB4) for boost control while feeding the ECU (DME) a low reported load figure to keep it happy for timing recovery purposes.

But yes, the N54 is a temperamental platform which require the stars and moon to align properly to run at maximum output.

I'm not defending the "ProTune" or the platform, but I say find an N54 running properly and go for a re-race. Heck, if anyone's in NYC, I'm down for a friendly run. I have an auto without these timing issues and I don't even run E85. :)

themyst

Ready to race!
I mean, since you know everything about my car, you should've known you can hit the wgdc limits on the g4 board, and when you do, the only way to get past that is the 15ohm upgrade or the g5 board upgrade which removes the resistors alltogether. JB4 G5 was available at the time, so i got it. iso came out later. Bowing out now! :)

You don't need ISO to run the flatline fix.

themyst

Ready to race!
haha ya I didnt read... post shift timing pull on AT is common but not on a protune. I wonder why his tuner didnt take care of that...

Good driving on your part. Wish I could find a highly modded gti on the westcoast thats willing to do hwy pulls.

it's actually most common on Cobb-only cars, Protune or not. See two posts above for explanation. You can't fix that if you don't have the table for it.

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
I'll probably have my Evo done by then, so we can have a big GTI/former GTI owner Tijuana gang bang.

Nice runs BTW.

Who's in for the Donkey show!?

Nice runs. With the amount of random runs you do why aren't you just running drag radials on the street by now?! HAHAHA

xytbyk

Go Kart Champion
Who's in for the Donkey show!?

Nice runs. With the amount of random runs you do why aren't you just running drag radials on the street by now?! HAHAHA

All the engine noise terrifies the donkeys. They can't perform for hours afterward, and it is killing the economy in TJ.

Maybe Shift Sector or some other airstrip run is the way to go, for the sake of the donkeys, their lady friends, and the good people of Baja.

dmacc

I've got a 135i on e85 in San Jose, let me know if you would like to run sometime, your car is fast :)