GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Under Floor Amp Install - Flooring Support

Skirball

Ready to race!
There are a lot of people on here who have mounted their amps in place of a section of the foam support around the spare, but I’ve only seen one post on what people are using to support the flooring and that’s Veedoubleme who used a specialized piece of equipment he had laying around. I was wondering if anyone came up with some genius MacGyver-style system with everyday items. I was just going to use some wood brackets but the price was adding up when all was said and done.

ride106

Ready to race!
Go measure the depth you need and buy a 4x4 fence post at a lumber yard. Most places will cut it down to size for you. If you're lucky, or the owners are friendly, they might have some scraps laying around that are big enough.

Or, browse the PVC pipe fittings aisle at the hardware store. You can fabricate little stands for the corners of the trunk.

jerome99

Go Kart Champion
Veedoubleme's looks to be made of some type of metal and using some type of construction adhesive

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Skirball

Ready to race!
Go measure the depth you need and buy a 4x4 fence post at a lumber yard. Most places will cut it down to size for you. If you're lucky, or the owners are friendly, they might have some scraps laying around that are big enough.

Or, browse the PVC pipe fittings aisle at the hardware store. You can fabricate little stands for the corners of the trunk.

Yeah, there's not much room to go sticking 2-3 2x4s back there. I considered PVC or dowels, but getting the fittings to make it removable makes it start to get expensive-ish. I was just hoping someone had a MacGyver moment and wanted to share. I may just fall back on shelving brackets.

Skirball

Ready to race!
Veedoubleme's looks to be made of some type of metal and using some type of construction adhesive

He just happened to have some sort of cantilever ball joint fixture laying around, which no doubt cost much more than the $20 it'd cost me in shelving brackets. But we don't all have those laying around our houses.

(((boom)))

Here's mine still in the making.
No spare (will replace with an A3 space saver later), layer of MLV & CCF. > .5" MDF foundation, 3.5" MDF frame. 1/4" MDF 'laminated' with vinyl flooring.

Pretty easy to do... The foam is 4". Make a base, frame it, and then make the top sheet.
I used the stock cover, cardboard, ductape, and half a case of beer to get the contours.

GLudlow

Boom, the power cables to that amp look as thick as my arm! That's one massive setup you got there, and pretty slick looking, too! Nice setup.