GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Underseat storage tray on GTI?

p3asa

Ready to race!
I did several searches but they never gave me that link. Thanks. Very informative.
Visited Scotland this past September...managed to visit about 3/4 of the Country but never made it to Glasgow.

You don't know THIS guy do You??

FN in MT

Ah the BIG MAN. Everyone knows him :)

jhelm85

Passed Driver's Ed
It won't fit under seats with power forward/back if I remember correctly - it will fit under power tilt (so, yes 2 door w/ autobahn, no 4 door w/ autobahn)

I'm confused by this. I'm a 4-door autobahn but don't have power forward/back, just power tilt.

zee

Go Kart Champion
I'm confused by this. I'm a 4-door autobahn but don't have power forward/back, just power tilt.

Yeah, the 2-door and the 4-door have different powered options on the leather seats.

The 2-doors have powered 4-way lumbar while 4-doors have powered seatback angle(tilt). Forward and back is manual on both.

Bigbird

Ready to race!
I just bought the underseat storage for the driver's side of my 2010 Mark VI GTI. I am not looking forward to installing it. the instructions i have seen so far involve me removing my seats to install it. It cost me $100cdn.

as usual per VW parts, no instructions were included.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I just bought the underseat storage for the driver's side of my 2010 Mark VI GTI. I am not looking forward to installing it. the instructions i have seen so far involve me removing my seats to install it. It cost me $100cdn.

as usual per VW parts, no instructions were included.

Removing the seat is easy....unplug the harness.....undo 4 bolts

I don't know what all is involved in installing the seat tray but I, personally, would just leave the seat in the car and lay it on it's back and attach the tray to the underside that way

Or just pull the seat out to work on it...your call

Here's a DIY for the passenger seat on a MKV....should be very similar:
http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2228

Peachaz

Ready to race!
I'm going to Portugal in May and want to pick up a tray if it's the right price. I am trying to inquire with a Lisbon dealership but am not sure what part number to give them. OEMplus uses 1K08802602 but ECStuning uses 1K0898036.

Anyone know how to track down the part number used by VAG Europe? This is about the under seat storage tray.

MadRabbit1

Ready to race!
it all should be the same number. Be sure to define the number by left side or right side drive. i just ordered mine from TM tuning. They are out of Germany. Try their site.

www.tmtuning.com

JoeVDub

Go Kart Champion
I just ordered one last night along with the drivers side glove box from OEM plus. Can't wait to get them.

The CS Grey Area

Ready to race!

mjhubbard

Ready to race!
Just want to chime in to help correct this mistakes from earlier.

The Drawers will fit if you have bluetooth and dynamo. Those two upgrades have nothing at all to do with the drawers as they are below where they get installed.

The only thing that will affect your ability to install them is power forward and backward. If you have power forward and backward, you can not install these things because the components are in the way.

on a side note, I did not know the 2 door got 4 way power seats. That is kinda frustrating. Why should the 4 door get screwed like that?

BrianWithGolf

Ready to race!
On a side note, I did not know the 2 door got 4 way power seats. That is kinda frustrating. Why should the 4 door get screwed like that?

Hmm must have something to do with the 2 Door being more expens.... Hey wait a minute...

The CS Grey Area

Ready to race!

Thats for that vid it helped out a lot. ECS sends pop rivets and a guidance frame with the kit that i was like wtf?!?! is this for lol. looks like in the vid he doesn't use em any way.

racingfreak

Passed Driver's Ed
The drawer wont work without the guidance frame and pop rivets are used in non threaded holes

All parts as follows:

1x 1K0 882 601J 82V - Driver's Side Drawer
1x 1K0 882 602J 82V - Passenger's Side Drawer
1x 1K0 882 599B 9B9 - Driver's Side Guidance Frame
1x 1K0 882 600B 9B9 - Passenger's Side Guidance Frame
1x 1K0 881 547A - Driver's Side Retainer (Metal Piece)
1x 1K0 881 548A - Passenger's Side Retainer (Metal Piece)
4x N 900 978 02 - Pop Rivet 4x8x12.3
8x N909 998 01 - Oval Hexagon Socket Head Bolt M4x8.5 (T20 Torx)

Last edited:

The CS Grey Area

Ready to race!
The drawer wont work without the guidance frame and pop rivets are used in non threaded holes

All parts as follows:

Right side

1k0882602 (82V) - Drawer (Code 82V for anthracite colour)
1k0882600B (9B9) - Frame
n90999801 - Bolts (x5)
1k0881548a - Bracket
N90097802 - Rivet (x2)

Left side

1k0882601 (82V) - Drawer
1k0882399B (9B9) - Frame
n90999801 - Bolts (x5)
1k0881548a - Bracket
N90097802 - Rivet (x2)

yeah im thinking the rivet and bracket are for the mkv. the DIY for the seat tray on that forum looks like he uses it. Im going to try it tomorrow and report back if they are actually needed.