GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Unibrace UB or H&R 24mm RSB

chip1

Ready to race!
Looking at doing one of these mods next month. Not sure which one to do first. Any suggestions?

This is our daily driver car.

Last edited:

speedster

Go Kart Champion
Rear sway bar. UB is barely noticeable.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
UB provides a huge bump I overall refinement. Composure is a bit better. It reduces torque steer and yes, reduces interior panel creaks. It's not much of an at-the-limit handling mod.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Rear sway bar for sure.

roddyc

Passed Driver's Ed
Was just making this decision myself and went with the H&R rsb first...supposedly an easy diy, and less then $250 shipped if you look around. It's going on this weekend!

Just missed the last group buy on the Unibrace UB apparently so I'm going to wait for the next one to come around...can't justify paying almost $100 more over gb prices.

chip1

Ready to race!
Sounds like the rsb is the way to go. I can wait for that unibrace UB sale to come around again.

infamous

Ready to race!
Is it ok to just do the rsb and not touch the fsb? or is it better to keep it stock instead?

I don't want to drop my front subframe to do the fronts.

peterbg16

Ready to race!
Is it ok to just do the rsb and not touch the fsb? or is it better to keep it stock instead?

I don't want to drop my front subframe to do the fronts.

Yes. RSB only is a very good mod that won't damage or negatively affect your car in any way. Only negative thing that could possibly happen is that if you overtighten the End Link they could possibly wear out prematurely.

Outside of the the RSB is a fantastic mod and like most I can't recommend it enough. The UB is also a great mod (I have both) and it does provide some anti-flex support. If you were to try and throw the car into a hard corner that is uphill or downhill, it will make a difference in performance. Outside of that the major difference is body flex during driveway movements and bumps. It does make the car feel overall more rigid when going over a very bumpy road.