GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Unitronic Stage 2+ (KO4) - How Unitronic Fixed My Ongoing Issues

skotcoop

Ready to race!
Holy shit .024 and you still get misfires?
Have you tried moving a coil pack to a different cylinder to see if it follows?
Yup. I still don't get how they disappear with the car in stock tune. Wouldn't they still exist if it were hardware?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Yup. I still don't get how they disappear with the car in stock tune. Wouldn't they still exist if it were hardware?

Not per-say. after the tune your car will run a little harder so it shows the faults in the system, hence why most people need to upgrade right at the tune.

So you moved the coil pack from 3 to another and got the same misfires still in 3? If so we can tell its something to cylinder 3. So have you changed the spark plug in 3 also?

I would double check the coil pack method and then change the plugs (they aren't to expensive so its no biggie) then you may want to go on to a shop after those if still issues to see what else could possible be wrong with cylinder 3

skotcoop

Ready to race!
Not per-say. after the tune your car will run a little harder so it shows the faults in the system, hence why most people need to upgrade right at the tune.

So you moved the coil pack from 3 to another and got the same misfires still in 3? If so we can tell its something to cylinder 3. So have you changed the spark plug in 3 also?

I would double check the coil pack method and then change the plugs (they aren't to expensive so its no biggie) then you may want to go on to a shop after those if still issues to see what else could possible be wrong with cylinder 3
Yes. I was also getting the same codes on stock plugs/coils. Hence the upgrade. But I will verify it again for the heck of it.