GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Unofficial APR Stage 2 Thread- All Things APR Stage 2 Related

allset

Go Kart Champion
Rubber coupler on Carbonio Stage II pipe that connected that pipe to the MAF was torn.

The Carbonio Stage II pipe had cracks at the PCV bung/port

APR is shipping new one

Plugged PCV port at intake manifold and car runs again without bogging or misfiring. Seems I need to get a new PCV or a catch can that bypasses it.

What catch can should I look into? :iono:

holy balls. well that explains everything. u dont need a new maf

SoCalMK6GTI

Ready to race!
Oh not gonna run it at all like this. Just ran it at idle and revved it. Haven't left the garage in a week...the car that is.

Any boost would definitely blow the cork out. I need to plug it somehow though so I can get it to the dealership to get it replaced.

allset

Go Kart Champion
Oh not gonna run it at all like this. Just ran it at idle and revved it. Haven't left the garage in a week...the car that is.

Any boost would definitely blow the cork out. I need to plug it somehow though so I can get it to the dealership to get it replaced.

yeah leave it be, u dont want to suck any dust in, ur pulling vacuum at idle,as u know.

:bellyroll:

Haha yeah. That was my reaction when I found it.

well at least u found it.

check out this site, u may be able to find a better thicker coupler so it doesnt happen again. I have so many silicone couplers from this place for my DV relocation, quality stuff

http://www.siliconeintakes.com/

allset

Go Kart Champion

SoCalMK6GTI

Ready to race!
Plugged the PCV with a wine cork and some tape and babied it to the dealer. Getting a new PCV as we speak.

Dealership says that normally it's covered but for some reason when he puts it in for warranty on my car it shows up not covered. He's going to hold the car while we're in Maui and call VW on Monday to figure out why it's not covered and how to get it covered.

Just my luck. Planning on calling VWoA on Monday to get some answers.

speed

Ready to race!
damn, damn, damn.......I want to go stage II so bad, but all these "issues" scare me.....cant give up this DD!!:eek:

likewise, might as well stay in 1+ and avoid all the issues.. i dont think im missing half of my turbo life if i do so. k04 is a different story though.

ROOSTER1050

Go Kart Champion
likewise, might as well stay in 1+ and avoid all the issues.. i dont think im missing half of my turbo life if i do so. k04 is a different story though.

yeah --- maybe just save save save a while, and do K04 instead..... "feels" for reliable as a bolt on :confused:

speed

Ready to race!
well on the "up" side, I'm DSG so no clutch to worry about ....

well, probably not that. but there was one guy here who posted about issues on his stage 2 tune and he's DSG as well. if I remember right, it's one of those hesitation problems you've most probably have read about.

allset

Go Kart Champion
Well APR is mailing out the new Stage II on Monday so ill have a brand new coupler as well. But there are a few hoses I'd like to replace so that site is a great start.

not for nothin' but how old was that accordian coupler and it failed? get a silicone one or ull be doing this again.

http://www.siliconeintakes.com/index.php?cPath=5&osCsid=889934b3d50255e3108c219528f4c818

or just a straignt coupler, the hump one has some play in it

i used them for all my silicone parts for my DV relocation including the turbo intake coupler