GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

US-Spec Info

Alex.

Ready to race!
Here in Seattle, my local dear is saying the only difference between the mkV and the mkVI is that the "mkVI has a different grille and has bluetooth".

I always thought that the US-Spec mkVI is the same as the European mkVI, but here we are missing some features (such as park assist and headlight washers), but according to the dealer this is not the case.

I know that the dealer is probably wrong, but what do you guys think?

Keith@APR

Banned
Here in Seattle, my local dear is saying the only difference between the mkV and the mkVI is that the "mkVI has a different grille and has bluetooth".

I always thought that the US-Spec mkVI is the same as the European mkVI, but here we are missing some features (such as park assist and headlight washers), but according to the dealer this is not the case.

I know that the dealer is probably wrong, but what do you guys think?

All kinda stuff is different!

Touchscreen nav with HDD and bluetooth
better shift knob
lot's more red stitching inside
dual exit exhaust
better differential
stiffer chassis (more seam welding)
different tails
different headlights
different/cooler instrument cluster and guages

There's more but I'm too lazy to list.

Alex.

Ready to race!
Touchscreen nav with HDD and bluetooth
better shift knob
lot's more red stitching inside
dual exit exhaust
better differential
stiffer chassis (more seam welding)
different tails
different headlights
different/cooler instrument cluster and guages

Thanks for answering, you are talking about the differences between the US-Spec mkV and mkVI right?

Also the whole body is different (the lines and creases).

zee

Go Kart Champion
Apart from the roof, every visual exterior panel is new and different on the MKVI. The interior is also different (ie guages, dash, door panels, electroncs etc). The dash lights are now white & red, no longer blue & red.

Alex.

Ready to race!
Yeah, that is what I thought.

Is the US-Spec going to be a TSI or FSI?

and will it have red stitching?, becasue the mkv's don't have red stitching in the US right?

Alex.

Ready to race!
Nice, do you know how many airbags there will be for the US-Spec?

Last edited:

mongo1

Ready to race!
Yeah, I think your dealer is trying to dump his 2009's with some bad information. It seems far easier to list what's the same between 2009 and 2010 than what's different.

JimmyT1

Passed Driver's Ed
You should talk to a different dealer. I know two salesmen at University VW...and they will take care of you!!!

Alex.

Ready to race!
Will the US spec cars have the holes for park assist and headlight washers even if they are not avaliable?

Park assist sensors on front & rear bumpers? No, not on the US spec cars I saw at Waterfest nor in US spec pictures. Headlight washers? Didn't realize we're not getting them but the APR cars do have the bump for those units now that I go back & look at them.