GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vagcom Differential?

NickMk61

Ready to race!
So I went and got my stage 2 apr today.. and the guy doing to tune said that he can use his vcds to change how my car can handle any torque steer and wheel spin.. he changed it to the scirocco R settings.. anyone heard of this? i mean it definitely feels like its got more control and it doesnt nearly lose traction as much with these settings...

excelevant

Go Kart Champion
Beware! Jk, but I have heard to be careful with tuned cars and level two XDS.. something about the brakes biting while the torque is beasting, tearing cv boots.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
I have it on mine,it works very good on the car and no issues.

Info.
Electronic Differential Lock (XDS) Strength
Description: XDS is the electronic differential lock. On higher HP models (Scirocco R), this is set to 2, whereas the default on the GTI is 0. At 2, the system is more aggressive at applying brake pressure to the inside/slipping tire.
Go to Adaptation in the ABS module
Choose "Electronic Differential Lock (XDS)
Set new value to to 2 (0 is stock, 1 is weak, 2 is strong)
Pic tutorial: XDS and Brake Assist Settings

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36478

http://golfmk6.com/forums/showpost.php?p=537094&postcount=13

http://golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25039&highlight=xds+settings

ryanrich1

Ready to race!
It sounds like he's talking about TSC (Torque Steer Compensation) and not XDS. I've enabled TSC on mine and it works well, can floor the car in any gear and it stays pretty straight because of the electronic LSD.

Description: Using the Steering Assist controller (not the brakes), TSC will help prevent torque steer on tuned cars. A TSC of 1 is used by default in higher HP FWD VW models like the VR6 FWD Passat.
Go to Adaptation in the Steering Assist module
Choose "Torque Steer Compensation (TSC)"
Set new value to 1

excelevant

Go Kart Champion
It sounds like he's talking about TSC (Torque Steer Compensation) and not XDS. I've enabled TSC on mine and it works well, can floor the car in any gear and it stays pretty straight because of the electronic LSD.

Description: Using the Steering Assist controller (not the brakes), TSC will help prevent torque steer on tuned cars. A TSC of 1 is used by default in higher HP FWD VW models like the VR6 FWD Passat.
Go to Adaptation in the Steering Assist module
Choose "Torque Steer Compensation (TSC)"
Set new value to 1

the XDS/electronic LSD works with the brakes right?

excelevant

Go Kart Champion
I've always wondered this, I turned on Torque Steer Compensation once, and while getting on the highway had insane torque steer to the right, so ended up turning it back off later that day. Is my steering angle sensor in need of calibration since I've disabled it before? All scans read clear and my car drives perfect. How many miles have you guys done with this turned on?

NickMk61

Ready to race!
Hey guys, rather than start a new thread I though I'd just comment in my own... I got my stage 2 yesterday.. And this morning my cel started blinking and then the epc light came on.. And the car would vibrate whenever i applied gas.. I've never experienced misfire, but this definitely seemed like it to me.. My question is though, since I'm changing my coil packs to the r8 packs, should I change the plugs too since I went ahead and bought a set of the >> Spark Plug - PFR7S8EG NGK Double Platinum Resistor (1675).. They have a .032" gap.. Will these plugs be fine?

corydd

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys, rather than start a new thread I though I'd just comment in my own... I got my stage 2 yesterday.. And this morning my cel started blinking and then the epc light came on.. And the car would vibrate whenever i applied gas.. I've never experienced misfire, but this definitely seemed like it to me.. My question is though, since I'm changing my coil packs to the r8 packs, should I change the plugs too since I went ahead and bought a set of the >> Spark Plug - PFR7S8EG NGK Double Platinum Resistor (1675).. They have a .032" gap.. Will these plugs be fine?

Here's what you want to fix a misfire:

Coil packs: http://www.hstuning.com/product_info.php?cPath=24_32&products_id=3691&vpath=33_289

Spark plugs: http://www.hstuning.com/product_info.php?cPath=24_32&products_id=3686&vpath=33_289

corrado917

Go Kart Champion

You're issue is a bad coil.I had it before same like yours.
No real need for plugs either but if you have them,go get them installed at the same time for the R8 coils.As for the gap;not sure,ask perhaps HStuning techguy.
Hope this helps.:thumbsup:

NickMk61

Ready to race!
Okay thanks for the help guys.. I'll ask around and find out about the gap.. Now just need these coil packs to hurry up and get here :l

09Gitty

Ready to race!
0.027 for gap IIRC