GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

***Vandalized :,(***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
nothigs happend to my car yet.. besides a few door dings.

However ive noticved that people see my white gti and assume its the same white gti that sped through their neighborhood 6 months ago or cut them off last week..

It doesnt matter if i have different tails they just see some similarities and go hey were you driving through this area? etc

funny you should say that, when my mk6 was 3 months old, i was driving and theres this mk5 rabbit (same color, 2 door) weaving around traffic as i was getting off of a gas station, i was heading the same direction he was, next thing i know, a crown victoria pulled me over claiming i was that guy, then the person who reported came to the scene and told me "oh its not him", she mentioned vw 2 door hatchback :laugh: i was free but i got a $90 ticket for hanging shit on the rearview mirror :mad:

Gti_Vroom415

Ready to race!
funny you should say that, when my mk6 was 3 months old, i was driving and theres this mk5 rabbit (same color, 2 door) weaving around traffic as i was getting off of a gas station, i was heading the same direction he was, next thing i know, a crown victoria pulled me over claiming i was that guy, then the person who reported came to the scene and told me "oh its not him", she mentioned vw 2 door hatchback :laugh: i was free but i got a $90 ticket for hanging shit on the rearview mirror :mad:

Dude yes I got pulled over Cuz a cop thought I was a white Mazda speed 3

TheCor

Ready to race!
Did your insurance company see your car yet? What's taking them so long to get out there?

If your insurance company is aware of a lien holder (which I assume they would be) then they get a payoff amount from the lien holder and issue remainder of the balance to them and anything additional would then go to you. That is the process in NY and the other New England states anyway. Or it could be something carrier specific, so I apologize if it's done differently where you are. Typically the insurance carrier has a responsibility to protect the lien holder first though.

Also, the value of your vehicle won't consider the dents that are on it. A TL value is based on the vehicle's estimated condition before the crash. So you don't determine it was worth 20k and then say its 15k because it has dents in it now. The point of insurance is to make you whole and set you back to where you were before the collision happened, whether by repairing the vehicle or paying for the vehicles estimated value before the collision occured.

Good luck.

razr390

Go Kart Champion
Did your insurance company see your car yet? What's taking them so long to get out there?

If your insurance company is aware of a lien holder (which I assume they would be) then they get a payoff amount from the lien holder and issue remainder of the balance to them and anything additional would then go to you. That is the process in NY and the other New England states anyway. Or it could be something carrier specific, so I apologize if it's done differently where you are. Typically the insurance carrier has a responsibility to protect the lien holder first though.

Also, the value of your vehicle won't consider the dents that are on it. A TL value is based on the vehicle's estimated condition before the crash. So you don't determine it was worth 20k and then say its 15k because it has dents in it now. The point of insurance is to make you whole and set you back to where you were before the collision happened, whether by repairing the vehicle or paying for the vehicles estimated value before the collision occured.

Good luck.

it was 20k when he bought it. It most definitely fell in value since then

Gti_Vroom415

Ready to race!

Good luck.

They will take a look at it on monday. I had some stuff to do this week, today I'm getting ready to take it to the dealer to get my radiator replaces because of a factory defect. It's leaking. Gti out PRIUS out ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415200510.163938.jpg

razr390

Go Kart Champion
Op stop ordering parts until you find out what the deal is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.