GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

vbrad's 2012 CSG GTI

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
thanks...i think its a little under exposed though :/
might re-do it now that i have a new monitor

here is the most recent picture of it...if you look closely you will notice my water in the foglight mod thanks to tropical storm debby a few weeks ago!

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
lol i should...

i think its done...modification wise
im planning on moving up to NYC in january so i would be selling the parts and giving the car to my mom :/

ns01gti

Go Kart Champion
Love the wheel choice.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
tempting well let me know, :thumbup:
will do!

Love the wheel choice.
thanks...me too lol

it's going to suck to get rid of it all after only having it for just over a year :/
my mom said she would take it over so she would have it for the remainder of the lease and then maybe we can work something out about buying it when its up and then i can have it back eventually lol

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Well almost 2 years later I think I may get the GTI back.

I gave it up to my mom just over a year into the lease because I moved to NYC and did not want to bring it.

The lease is up in September of this year but I will actually be moving back to Florida in a month and am really thinking hard about buying it from VW credit.

Anyone have any experience buying out their lease? GTI or not?

I have considered trading it in to a dealer for something else (Evo, FR-S, MK7) but at the same time I am trying to save money for a house and want something as cost effective as possible.

The residual is $14,1XX so according to KBB and the such trade in value is anywhere between $15k-$16k so I suppose I have a little bit of equity if I were to trade it in.

I mean I did only have the car for a year so I didn't get to spend that much time with it lol.

Or just finance the remaining $14k and have a newer low mileage 1 owner GTI that I couldn't get anywhere else for that price

It is all stock now except for the Driver Gear springs that I left on for so my mom could hoon around hah.

Last edited:

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Nice looking ride ;)

Renato
Team TWM Performance

It was! lol
Exhaust and wheels have been gone for a year and a half now and it has been in my moms possession for the same amount of time.
She has officially had it for longer than I had it!

I'm sorry but I say keep the car haha

:)

Yeah I think financially it will make the most sense.

and how do you like the CTS turboback?
I was considering that if I keep the car.

wireless

Ready to race!
I like it a lot. It's much quieter than the Borla I had before, no annoying drone during city driving.

That being said, if I was to do it again, I'd probably go catless haha.. it's a bit too quiet. I've been considering seeing if anyone wants to trade me for a magnaflow catback.. but eh. I could buy a Magnaflow for a bit more than the shipping would cost hahah

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Yeah FL does not have inspection so I would run cat-less.
I had a Magnaflow catback on the GTI and was happy with it...may even just buy another one and get a different downpipe.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
I have had the car back now for almost 3 months and am so happy to be back in it.
I have been holding off on buying parts for it just because I am trying to save up some money but I ran across some wheels that I thought were a good deal...or so i thought

tires are shot and the wheels are in rough shape
but since i had driven almost an hour to go get them i decided just to buy them anyway

when i got them home i discovered that one has a small crack on the inner barrel

i may refinish them or i may not and just try to sell them for what i paid for them

i think all of them have some pretty good rash and one has some chunks taken out of it...i dunno though i really just went and picked them up and then threw them in the corner of my garage lol

im going to clean them up tomorrow and see how i feel

thoughts?

also if i do decide to keep them does anyone know what size wheel bolts and hub rings i need to get?

i plan on trying to do some searching myslef but just figured id ask since we're here.