GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

[Video]MK6 Stage 2 vs Integra

CiHKAL1

Ready to race!
Doesn't really matter if it was a Type R, they don't qualify as a fast car regardless. The pre-DC5 unit was basically the equivalent in terms of speed with a RSX Types S with a little less refinement, more character, but lacks that K series. Both of them were great cars and have a lot of potential. The DC5 made me fall in love with cars and Honda.. it's a shame Honda lost it's knack.

Bottom line who gives a shit what it was it didn't hang. It we were talking about a DC5 with I/H/E/rbc and a Hondata reflash or K-Pro it'd be something. Love the sound of that engine though, never got tired of hearing that wonderful VTEC these past 12 years. Nice kill.

Let's feel bad for the guys who drive late model Civic Si's. Dat N/A torque curve, right guys...

Last edited:
I raced a Type R two days ago in my stock 6spd GTI, I had just finished doing some pulls for fun so I had some heat soak going on (I could literally feel it), and lost by about a car or two. The next day I find out that the Type R I raced has a K20 swap and bolt ons lol... Let's see what happens at stage 2.

I will say this, that K20 sounds so beautiful in that Type R...Vtec is no joke. I want to one day have an all motor DC2 on nitrous :drool:
So you hung with a bolt on K20 swapped Integra in a stock GTI? Hmm...

Cool race, OP. Whether it was a Type R or not, it was a pretty easy kill. :thumbsup:

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
So you hung with a bolt on K20 swapped Integra in a stock GTI? Hmm...

Cool race, OP. Whether it was a Type R or not, it was a pretty easy kill. :thumbsup:

I wouldn't necessarily say losing by about two cars is "hanging". It was fast. For some people one car length is when their rear bumper is at the front of the other car, for me a car length is when there is literally a space the size of a car in between both cars. So my 2 car lengths is probably what others would call 3 car lengths.

I wouldn't necessarily say losing by about two cars is "hanging". It was fast. For some people one car length is when their rear bumper is at the front of the other car, for me a car length is when there is literally a space the size of a car in between both cars. So my 2 car lengths is probably what others would call 3 car lengths.
I see. Considering you were stock that's not bad. You should re-run him now that you are Stage 2.

aw6141

Go Kart Champion
Doesn't really matter if it was a Type R, they don't qualify as a fast car regardless. The pre-DC5 unit was basically the equivalent in terms of speed with a RSX Types S with a little less refinement, more character, but lacks that K series. Both of them were great cars and have a lot of potential. The DC5 made me fall in love with cars and Honda.. it's a shame Honda lost it's knack.

Bottom line who gives a shit what it was it didn't hang. It we were talking about a DC5 with I/H/E/rbc and a Hondata reflash or K-Pro it'd be something. Love the sound of that engine though, never got tired of hearing that wonderful VTEC these past 12 years. Nice kill.

Let's feel bad for the guys who drive late model Civic Si's. Dat N/A torque curve, right guys...

DC2 > DC5, but Im not thinking in terms of straight line performance and just not a fan of the 7th Gen civic/RSX chassis

jgebelein

Passed Driver's Ed
I started out in Hondas as well. I can say that I do love the K20, but I am not a fan of the DC5. Looks amazing but, my DA integra made me feel like I was connected more to the car. The DC5 took that away from me.

Regardless, the b-series motor is one hell of a motor. I've done turbo builds including replacing rods and pistons for under 4k and have seen them put over 400hp down.

The last Honda motor I had was an 86mm 13:1 pump gas build that was running an LS crank. That thing RIPPED. Turbo cars are fun, but all motor cars can be down right scary. I kind of miss Hondas, once my financial situation gets a little better i might just get another DA.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
I see. Considering you were stock that's not bad. You should re-run him now that you are Stage 2.

I don't know the guy so idk if I can set that up, regardless I need to find out where my boost leak is coming from first lol #turboprobs

GTIBex

Ready to race!
I think its because the general honda crowd thinks their cars are fast out of the box. When in fact an engine swap is no simple task..thats like a gti guy being like meh no big deal ill just drop in a bugatti motor..vw life.
Didn't someone do that?

GTIBex

Ready to race!

CiHKAL1

Ready to race!

My dad has a '02 DC5-S with bolt-ons and a hondata tune. His car moves but it can't hang with my stage 2 running with a CAI/IC/TBE. I trapped a 103.5 in the 1/4 .. to get there you really need an intake, headers, exhaust, RBC, K-pro, and DC5 type r cams. With a little weight reduction the car should really pull hard come 5th gear.

That's my input coming from 12 years of being around a DC5. Of course with the more weight reduction and aggressive tune/cams you can walk a Stage 2.

Every GTI is a little different, but the last two cars I ran against were a previous gen. STI ('12ish) and a previous body style daytona hemi charger. Both were the same outcome. I pulled away.. nothing outrageous but it was clear pull. The guy in the charger was surprised as hell, but super cool.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
My dad has a '02 DC5-S with bolt-ons and a hondata tune. His car moves but it can't hang with my stage 2 running with a CAI/IC/TBE. I trapped a 103.5 in the 1/4 .. to get there you really need an intake, headers, exhaust, RBC, K-pro, and DC5 type r cams. With a little weight reduction the car should really pull hard come 5th gear.

That's my input coming from 12 years of being around a DC5. Of course with the more weight reduction and aggressive tune/cams you can walk a Stage 2.

Every GTI is a little different, but the last two cars I ran against were a previous gen. STI ('12ish) and a previous body style daytona hemi charger. Both were the same outcome. I pulled away.. nothing outrageous but it was clear pull. The guy in the charger was surprised as hell, but super cool.

I've got a video of that. Charger started in front and saw me coming up, so they punched it. Clearly walked past them, and quite easily at that. Massive ridonkulous wheels didn't help their case. :lol:

Sonnytron

Ready to race!
If it doesn't say Type R on the VIN tag and isn't a # limited example, it's not a Type R and you will know the difference when you race one.

I love my GTI and I wouldn't trade it for a DC2 Type R any day of the week, but as a rapper would put it, "real recognize real". I'm in my late 20's and I raced back in the early to mid 2000's and let me tell you something, real drivers respect that vehicle.

Here's some information about the DC2 Type R:
The entire chassis was built for track. Everything about it was different from an Integra GSR where it only shared the frame. The springs, camber, struts, control arms, five lug big brakes were all hand tuned by Honda's finest engineers to make the Integra Type R a racing example. They didn't build it to compete with European hot hatches, they built it to win. Period. It also came from the factory with a mechanical limited slip differential, even here in the US. It's true JDM GSR's and Si-R's came with LSD as well but we didn't get those transmissions here.

The motor was built with hand polished cylinder heads, a perfect rod-stroke ratio and it as purpose built to match the frame and grip.

Handling? This car puts down slalom speeds 15 years later that put Boxter S numbers to shame.

It wasn't a very fun car to drive on long commutes and my friend's Type R sounded like the bed of a cargo truck when on the highway doing cruise speeds but opened up, that car had very few competitors on the road, RWD or not.

I don't really get the Honda-hate here. It's one thing when we're talking about disappointing examples from Honda like the EP3 SI or 9th Gen SI but when it comes to balance, handling and track performance, you shouldn't hate on the Integra Type R (When it's a real one). You will probably walk it on the freeway. You might blast it on the drag strip. But you could dump $4500 into suspension in your car and still only know what the back of one looks like at Laguna Seca or Sonoma.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
There is no Honda hate here....Type R is a very respectable car. You're right about the EP3 though, god what a turd.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
If it doesn't say Type R on the VIN tag and isn't a # limited example, it's not a Type R and you will know the difference when you race one.

I love my GTI and I wouldn't trade it for a DC2 Type R any day of the week, but as a rapper would put it, "real recognize real". I'm in my late 20's and I raced back in the early to mid 2000's and let me tell you something, real drivers respect that vehicle.

Here's some information about the DC2 Type R:
The entire chassis was built for track. Everything about it was different from an Integra GSR where it only shared the frame. The springs, camber, struts, control arms, five lug big brakes were all hand tuned by Honda's finest engineers to make the Integra Type R a racing example. They didn't build it to compete with European hot hatches, they built it to win. Period. It also came from the factory with a mechanical limited slip differential, even here in the US. It's true JDM GSR's and Si-R's came with LSD as well but we didn't get those transmissions here.

The motor was built with hand polished cylinder heads, a perfect rod-stroke ratio and it as purpose built to match the frame and grip.

Handling? This car puts down slalom speeds 15 years later that put Boxter S numbers to shame.

It wasn't a very fun car to drive on long commutes and my friend's Type R sounded like the bed of a cargo truck when on the highway doing cruise speeds but opened up, that car had very few competitors on the road, RWD or not.

I don't really get the Honda-hate here. It's one thing when we're talking about disappointing examples from Honda like the EP3 SI or 9th Gen SI but when it comes to balance, handling and track performance, you shouldn't hate on the Integra Type R (When it's a real one). You will probably walk it on the freeway. You might blast it on the drag strip. But you could dump $4500 into suspension in your car and still only know what the back of one looks like at Laguna Seca or Sonoma.

There is no Honda hate here....Type R is a very respectable car. You're right about the EP3 though, god what a turd.

^^I'm with TSI guy here. I even recognized earlier in the thread (multiple times) and changed the video to reflect that I was incorrect and that it is not a Type R as I originally assumed based on the specs the driver gave me. I don't remember reading anyone that was hating on Honda either, did I miss a comment?