GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Volkswagen GTI 2013 Wolfsburg vs. Base Model

GTIMK6_

Ready to race!
Hey there,
I am currently in the process of purchasing a brand new gti and can't decide which one to get.

I was interested in purchasing a base model gti 4dr dsg because of the detroit rims but didn't really like the steering wheel without the controls.For $300 more I could purchase a wolfsburg with the steering controls, golf shift knob, different seatbelt and monster mats. I like the detroit rims over the 35th edition, so now I am stuck between the base model and the wolfsburg edition, which one do you think I should get and what color?

Thanks for the advice!!

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
You should buy the model w/ features you can't change yourself: the nicer steering wheel. The 35th edition wheels are really sharp looking IMO. I think you could EASILY do a trade for stock detroits on the forum.

As for color, man, there are tons of threads on this. Seriously google it.

wohv

Ready to race!
I agree with lilfleck, plus i'm sure someone on the forum will trade detroits PLUS CASH just because your wheels will be new. This will cover the extra cost for wolfsburg over base! Also i'm pretty sure the wolfsburg will come with a certificate from the dealer.

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
get whatever color you like, and get the wolfsburg and trade+cash on your wheels for detroits like others have mentioned. where are you in california? im interested in wolfsburg wheels =)

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
i would go for the wolfsburg then get detroits afterwards if i were you, but when you do, you might the disappointed on how much they actually weigh over laguna rims about 5 more ibs per rim, which will also affect the power slightly.

if you get the base just for the wheels and not other stuff you want like steering wheel etc. you might regret getting a base.

Thomason84

Ready to race!
Personally I bought the base model and I love it. The steering wheel controls aren't that important to me. Everything that someone can do with controls on the wheel I can do with the windshield wiper rocker switches. So, it's up to how much you want those controlls.

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
Personally I bought the base model and I love it. The steering wheel controls aren't that important to me. Everything that someone can do with controls on the wheel I can do with the windshield wiper rocker switches. So, it's up to how much you want those controlls.

i originally wanted to get the base model and didn't care much for the navi/steering wheel controls, but really wanted the HID so i had to get the whole package. fast forward 1+ year later, ive grown accustomed to the steering wheel controls and it always feels empty when i move into a car without it. Navi is pretty cool, but most people have GPS on their phones now so that wasnt a biggie. HIDs are fantastic though.

GTIMK6_

Ready to race!
Pulled the trigger today and purchased a volkswagen gti 2013 wolfsburg edition in carbon steel grey.Got it for $26,000 otd, was that a good deal? Also definitely keeping the wolfsburg rims they look really nice in person!1

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Pulled the trigger today and purchased a volkswagen gti 2013 wolfsburg edition in carbon steel grey.Got it for $26,000 otd, was that a good deal? Also definitely keeping the wolfsburg rims they look really nice in person!1

Congrats. If you ever decide to change your mind about the rims, ill trade you straight up! :w00t:

penance

Fakinsupa
Well you'd pay another 10g for it up in Canuckland when the dollar is basically parity... so yeah, good deal :D

Bowthewow

Ready to race!

Congrats. I got the 2013 Wolfsburg and I love it. The only thing I don't like about rims is how big the spokes are ):

wohv

Ready to race!

By OTD do you mean with TTL? If so, its a good deal. If not, i purchased my conv+sun in 4 door dsg a week ago for the same price. BTW good choice on keeping the wheels :thumbup:, they make all the difference in the GTI's appearance, just my two cents.