GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

votex base bars...

NaysayerSlayer

Ready to race!
I found out that VW is giving a $30 mail in rebate for all that buy the Votex Base Bars. This promotion is running till mid June I believe, and the rebate paper can be picked up at the dealership when you get your bars. They will tell you what you need to do. I went in and ordered mine today, should only take a couple days for dealerships to get these in. And I had them price match a special that CHECKEREDFLAG VW in Virginia Beach, Va is running. The special they are running with shipping included before your rebate is $237. These bars are usually $300+. My local VW dealership gave them to me for $224, no shipping charges and that is before the rebate also! Just an FYI for you guys! :happyanim:

chucka

Ready to race!
i wish i would have known you wanted some, we could have worked mine into the deal with our wheels :)

I sill need to see your car after the ultra lows and take a ride to see how it rides.

NaysayerSlayer

Ready to race!
i wish i would have known you wanted some, we could have worked mine into the deal with our wheels :)

I still need to see your car after the ultra lows and take a ride to see how it rides.

Actually, I decided to get the bars after seeing yours on your car! lol! I went down to Autobahn today and they swapped my front bumper for one without license plate holes all in it. They also put my front lip spoiler on. The front end looks soooo clean now! :thumbup: Yea, we do need to get together soon, you won't believe how comfy the ride is with these coils. Let me know when you got time to hang or when the next GTG is.

KanDyWyte1

Ready to race!
I've heard a lot of complaints about the sound of these OEM bars. What's your experience?

NaysayerSlayer

Ready to race!
I've heard a lot of complaints about the sound of these OEM bars. What's your experience?

personally I don't notice any "wind noise" until I get over 80 mph. And even that is not that loud and it isn't constant. If my stereo is on and at 1/4 volume it totally drowns it out. I like them, and would recommend them highly! especially with the rebate promotion they have going right now!
:thumbsup:

KanDyWyte1

Ready to race!
personally I don't notice any "wind noise" until I get over 80 mph. And even that is not that loud and it isn't constant. If my stereo is on and at 1/4 volume it totally drowns it out. I like them, and would recommend them highly! especially with the rebate promotion they have going right now!
:thumbsup:

Good to know. I appreciate the info. :thumbsup:

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
I found out that VW is giving a $30 mail in rebate for all that buy the Votex Base Bars. This promotion is running till mid June I believe, and the rebate paper can be picked up at the dealership when you get your bars. They will tell you what you need to do. I went in and ordered mine today, should only take a couple days for dealerships to get these in. And I had them price match a special that CHECKEREDFLAG VW in Virginia Beach, Va is running. The special they are running with shipping included before your rebate is $237. These bars are usually $300+. My local VW dealership gave them to me for $224, no shipping charges and that is before the rebate also! Just an FYI for you guys! :happyanim:

Where did you find out about this promotion? I just called my dealer and they told me they had never heard of the rebate and quoted me $303.81 before tax for the base bars!!!