GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

vs 400HP BMW 750LI

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
I (mods in sig) ran one yesterday, he started a fender ahead and we held there the whole time, until about 150km/hr where i slowly started pulling and he brakes at that point, that outcome repeated twice, very consistent.

His car is (V8 4.4L TT 400hp/450torque, RWD, 6spd Auto)...i have no idea how that happened, we ran two times with him starting ahead (huge ego to protect so he wouldn't line up) and we always held at that position with me gaining top end.

The next light, he avoided parking next me and the whole road ahead, he was behind me and never pushed it or flashed light, ect...his ego got hurt really bad, apparently, he didn't try to run me again, something only people that lost do, if he though he would have a chance, he would be pissed off and force me to give him a third run.

Anyone have any quick analysis how this could happen? specially with my 4cyl pulling top end? not what i exactly expected.

Last edited:

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
Because racecar.

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
I guess it's all about power to weight ratio. You've got some pretty nice mods on there, im not sure what stage 2 is supposed to bring you to, but i know stage 1 is around 260-270. So id say you're pushing 300 hp. So yeah he's got like 100 or so horses on you, maybe less... But BMW 7 series is about as heavy as you can get. lol I just checked and the curb weight is 4,344 LBS !! :eek:

Randum

Go Kart Champion
I guess it's all about power to weight ratio. You've got some pretty nice mods on there, im not sure what stage 2 is supposed to bring you to, but i know stage 1 is around 260-270. So id say you're pushing 300 hp. So yeah he's got like 100 or so horses on you, maybe less... But BMW 7 series is about as heavy as you can get. lol I just checked and the curb weight is 4,344 LBS !! :eek:

A more proper "run" would be best but yeah the first thing I thought of was the weight. Not to mention the transmission gearing I'm sure is a little different as well - also automatic.

Personally I wouldn't even consider "Racing" or comparing these two cars just because of the weight/style. The 7 is a great car, but its a cruiser.

And fail to anyone that "Races" a 7 series - really? Go buy a M5.

Banshee1

Go Kart Champion
No way a stage 2 is pushing 300hp, not without 100oct tune at least. Probably about 275. Maybe his motor got a little hot running that much as it is a tt v8 and I'm sure it pushes a lot of heat.

Nice kill either way man. Just another unsuspecting narcissist put to shame :lol:

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion
Big motor with two turbos in a confined space means lots of heat soak...thas why the 2.7t audi motors and 300z's blow turbos quick....that's the only possibility I see here especially being in a desert

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
He was pretty much cruising around before he got excited by my uncontrolled tunnel fart (lol), so i am sure as hell it wasnt too hot at all, also weather was too chilly and my car ran soo well.

I am thinking his weight and my dsg shifts played the biggest role.

last time i ran one, he pushed it too early after a curve, my fwd didnt help me there along with the heatsoak with the stock intercooler.....heck i think its probably the same guy!!!!

If i see come by him again i will make a video...though i doubt he would run me again after that ego hurt haha

Sent from my iPhone with typos

Banshee1

Go Kart Champion
thought you were gonna keep that GoPro mounted for occasions like this?!

pointing to the side/rear of course...

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
think im going to mount it on the rear side glass (2dr)...i was just out for a cruise from being sick of studying for today's final lol

Bruno2000

Ready to race!
No way a stage 2 is pushing 300hp, not without 100oct tune at least. Probably about 275. Maybe his motor got a little hot running that much as it is a tt v8 and I'm sure it pushes a lot of heat.

Nice kill either way man. Just another unsuspecting narcissist put to shame :lol:

More around 280 bhp with 91 mods and close 285 bhp with 93. And over 318 lb-ft for both.

h8tow8

GTIDriver
That's really hard to believe... I have TSI (CBFA) APR Stage II (Full APR TBE) and the 750Li pretty much smoked me... this was from a 20mph roll up to about 90mph. I remember coming home and looking up specs.

4.4-liter, 32-valve 400-hp w TwinPower Turbo V-8 engine scooting from 0-62 in 5.0sec

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
I have no reason to lie, i live about 10 hours away from you guys, i just opened this thread to see how it could possibly happen.

Last time i ran him as i mentioned, he pulled, but it was no where near being smoked.

PS specs in the op.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
K04 before coils CERTAINLY!