GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW filming R20 commercial in Miami...

305GTI

Ready to race!
So moments ago I was riding my bike over from Miami Beach over to Downtown Miami. Before crossing this bridge I see a camera crew setting up some serious equipment next to a Dodge Caravan, I figured they where going to film a commercial but didn't think to much of it.

Now as I reach the other side of the bridge I look up and see a pair of Golf R led taillights pulled off to the side of the road, at first I sad wow someone near me has R led tail reps let me go ask how they fit, but as I got closer I realized I was staring at a Rising Blue Golf R !! First time I had seen one in person but I was a bit confused because I thought they did not come with LED tails here in the U.S.

The R was about to pull out into the street as I pulled in front and I stopped by bike to give a thumbs up to the female driver and male passenger when I realized they both had VW hats on...I gave my thumbs up and they nodded back while I also admired two very expensive looking mountain bikes mounted on the roof racks of the R. They quickly pulled away and that is when I notice a "Sky Blue" as I will call it Turbo Beatle right behind it, again driver is wearing VW cap. That is when it suddenly hit me that this was a photo or commercial shoot.

I peddled away as to not seem like I was on to them I passed a new Silver passat or CC I didn't get a great look but they're was a blond lady sitting inside talking on a walkie. I came back around about 10 minutes later to see if the Golf R had returned but all I found was a line up of a Dodge Caravan,Turbo Beatle, Silver Passat/CC?,New Jetta with surfboard on rack, and New Tiguan with 2 longboards on the roofrack. They light turned green and they all went in formation towards the 395 causeway....

Now the real sad part was that I did not get a single picture since I was on my bicycle and did not have my phone handy :(

Sorry for the long post but it was pretty exciting to find this going on right in front of me.

Gti For Me

Go Kart Champion
:needpics:

No just kidding (lol)

krische

vdubber in training
New Tiguan? You mean the 2012? I haven't heard/seen anything about the 2013 yet.

305GTI

Ready to race!
I guess it would be the 2012 Tiguan, from what I recall the front bumper was sharp just like the new Jetta.