GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW wheel cap

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Got these from my local VeeDub shop. Had to order from Germany apparently... so when I tried to fit them even though they covered the bolts then weren't tight. Easily removed.

These are just going on winter rims to dress them up a bit. Was thinking a bit of clear silicon on each head might make it stick but would it hold at highway speed?

Anyone have these? Same issue? What's your experience?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Phur

Autocross Champion
Are your wheel bolts oem? One of the places that I had gone decided that they would save me the trouble of having wheel locks and replaced them with shiny black ones. The caps fit these like shit and had one come off. My “fix” was paper towel. It has actually worked really well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Are your wheel bolts oem? One of the places that I had gone decided that they would save me the trouble of having wheel locks and replaced them with shiny black ones. The caps fit these like shit and had one come off. My “fix” was paper towel. It has actually worked really well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep. OEM bolts.

I would try that except if one of these covers sail off on the highway there is no getting it back and to order its a set of 4..

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Nothing? Any suggestions? Is there a larger OEM bolt (head) that i could use? Maybe if i bought 3 for each wheel that could provide enough grip for the caps to stay on at highway speeds?

ce4

Ready to race!
I had similar press on hub covers on some steel wheels on my Colorado. No problems at all, they just push on and friction held them in place. Never lost one in 6 years.