GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Water pump campaign reimbursement

Zonaglxy

Ready to race!
Has anyone received a reimbursement from VW yet? For those of you that don't know, VW will reimburse out of pocket expenses for certain build dates if you had your water pump replaced by an independent shop. Mine failed prior to the service action so I didn't take it to the dealer to be repaired.

The shop I took it to charged $516 which is what I requested to be reimbursed. I haven't received a check yet but it sounds like it's going to be less than that based on this letter. I have a hard time believing the dealer would have charged me less than $516 to replace the water pump.

I'll let you guys know how much the check is once I receive it...

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
I got one. Check for over $500 bucks, can't remember the exact total. Was pretty quick too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OlHeadz

Ready to race!
I got the letter, but mine was replaced under warranty at 2500 miles so there wasn't any out of pocket expense. I got 23k now and no issues since.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Just rechecked. They gave me $554.38. What I'm wondering is can we use this again should it happen another time?

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
I received my "campaign reimbursement" form 2 or 3 weeks ago.

My most recent water pump replacement was done just outside of warranty at my indie shop and it was a little over $600. When I needed to have it done (this was my third pump, second replacement), I called my dealer to see how much they would charge for this service since when I had it done there the prior time, it was under warranty. I was told the cost to do it at the dealership would be in the $800-$900 range. I wasn't planning on going there...I just wanted the information...and I included that tidbit in the letter I included with my reimbursement documentation. In the end, they probably don't GAF, but I figured, what the hell...can't hurt to mention it.

They said it should be processed within 60 days. Here's to hoping they actually "process my claim," I receive it in that time frame and they actually cut me a check for the amount I had to pay out of pocket. Would be a nice Christmas gift...