GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wavetrac LSD/Bully Clutch review

Erwan1

Go Kart Champion
An update:

Today I was at the track all day, by my 3-4th session I was getting what I believe is my clutch slipping when powering out of a corner in 3rd. I would throttle out and the RPM would jump up but as soon as I straightened the wheel and shifted the 4th it seemed to hold perfectly fine. It was just under peak torque in 3rd......

I will be discussing this issue with Pat and my the shop who put it in on Monday to see what they think. Maybe I was cutting it too close with the clutch plate I have in terms of it holding the torque.... but I don't know yet exactly what was causing the issue. Will update when I figure more out.

Erwan1

Go Kart Champion
OKay, all is well.

Clutch seems fine, turns out it was my driving and not adapting to the changing track conditions.

I was overwhelming the diff and breaking the inside tire loose. As soon as I turned the traction control on the car would prevent me from doing it.

The track warmed up in the early afternoon and I didn't adjust, tires overheated and lost traction easily. Once that happened I overwhelmed the diff and was spinning inside tire like a champ :)

Clutch and diff are A-OK :D

JT641

Banned
You gonna get around to doing a sound clip of your clutch compared to south bend?? I'm very interested in getting a bully clutch would probably go with stage 3 as I plan on going K04 after I upgrade the clutch.

99bajakid

Ready to race!
Glad to hear about the LSD, that is my next mod.

JT641

Banned
Still waiting for a sound clip, Also interested as to how your are currently liking you Bully clutch set up, I have to upgrade my clutch very soon & I'm also going to do the wavetrac LSD at the same time, But haven't decided on what clutch package I'm going with. Going to need something that will be plenty strong & durable enough for K04 power. So you initial review has got me very interested in the Bully clutch just need a little more feedback as to how it's holding up etc..

JT641

Banned
Just thought I'd share this,Wavetrac LSD on Sale!!! I wasn't really looking for this but I was checking out CTS Turbo's site and the products they sell and they've got the wavetrac LSD a $100 off with the bolt kit it comes to $991 minus S&H, gonna call em tomorrow to see how long it's on sale, I may just have to jump on this now? Well see.

Dadasracecar

Ready to race!
Thanks fir the review. I'm curious about your selection of LSD. My shop recommended peloquin. What did you base your decision on?

2010 GTI 4dr autobahn, APR stg2, AWE tbe, ECS sways, Vogtland springs, SS lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HP+, Unibrace XB, tracked frequently.

JT641

Banned
Under zero load the others will act like an open diff, Where the wavetrac will always function like a limited slip diff even under zero load. Checkout there website where they explain how it works. http://wavetrac.net/technical.htm

FYI the sale on wavetrac diff's at CTS Turbo ends thursday so get your order in in while you can, Ordered mine already.:D

http://www.ctsturbo.com/

Erwan1

Go Kart Champion
Wow sorry I haven't responded to this thread in a long time....

I am still enjoying this clutch and LSD. Won my class racing this season and have also done plenty of track days on the combo - no issues.

I never found anyone locally with the Southbend silent, I stopped looking after the one guy I knew sold his.... I barely notice it anymore, you get used to the change of sound.

I chose this LSD because it was on sale and I had heard good things about from others on various other car forums :)

JT641

Banned
Wow sorry I haven't responded to this thread in a long time....

I am still enjoying this clutch and LSD. Won my class racing this season and have also done plenty of track days on the combo - no issues.

I never found anyone locally with the Southbend silent, I stopped looking after the one guy I knew sold his.... I barely notice it anymore, you get used to the change of sound.

I chose this LSD because it was on sale and I had heard good things about from others on various other car forums :)

Where was the diff on sale at?.