GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Weather tech Sun Shade - horrible experience -

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I wonder If I call them if they will take it back. Maybe if I leave a bad review 🤔

Their review section is not working...I can leave one on Amazon tho.

Eat_my_shorts does not have his original windshield either from looking at one of his pics.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I just thought of something. I wonder if this made it more difficult to reinstall my A-pillar trim :unsure:.

I left an Amazon review. Will try WT website again.

Sun Shade.JPG

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Report time boys. I just got my cover craft in, part number UVS11146SV.... Reminder I did have my wind shield replaced a few months ago with aftermarket. The shade fits fine but it definitely is tighter on the driver side. All previous cars I ran these in still had the original untouched glass. I'm good with it I didn't have to try and wedge it in place or anything. (y)

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Yeah that fits great.

I'll just deal with my Weather Tech for now but Cover Craft is the way to go.

alpha3

Go Kart Champion
I guess I'm the odd one out. My weathertech fits like a glove, perfect match to my windshield. Much better than the POS I had before from the VW dealer.

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
I guess I'm the odd one out. My weathertech fits like a glove, perfect match to my windshield. Much better than the POS I had before from the VW dealer.
Do you still have the original windshield? My weathertech fit great until I had to get the windshield replaced. Then it didn't fit at all.

Regardless I wish I had the covercraft because I got tired of rolling up the weathertech. If someone wants my weathertech I'll send it to you if you cover shipping and pay $10 for my time haha.

mkv_martinez

Go Kart Champion
If anyone else has this problem I'm guessing it's because you had your windshield replaced at some point.

I had a weathertech (OEM style) sunshade and it used to fit perfectly. It has to slide down into a little channel between the windshield where it meets the dash to work properly. Then I had my windshield replaced due to a rock strike. When the new windshield was installed something changed and the weathertech sunshade no longer fit down into the little channel so it sits up too high and leads to that awful fitment. I couldn't come up with a solution other than having my windshield replaced and praying that it went back to OEM fitment.

If anyone that has this problem tries out a Covercraft sunshade I'd be interested to hear if the fitment works out better.

Hit the nail on the head with this one. The perfect-OEM fit windshield sunshades slide almost 1.5"-2" behind the dash and then they fit snug. Even my aftermarket sunshade stopped fitting as well when I got my windshield replaced and no longer had that space to tuck it into.

I have a HeatShield brand or something I found off amazon and its served me well for at least 5 years now.

alpha3

Go Kart Champion
Do you still have the original windshield? My weathertech fit great until I had to get the windshield replaced. Then it didn't fit at all.
Yes, mine is the original windshield. Like MK5 says above, it slides down an inch or so behind the dash and fits like a glove!