GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Weathertech cargo liner owners: I need your input

hippiesrock03

Go Kart Champion
Basically, I had a half bottle of Mobil 1 oil that leaked and my stock cargo mat is ruined. My liner currently sinks a bit if I put something above the empty spaces between the spare tire.

My question is: is the weathertech liner rigid enough to be used on its own? Without the stock liner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bozz

Go Kart Champion
Just for you, I went out and removed my stock liner and WeatherTech cargo mat, and then put the WT cargo mat back in.

Answer: Yes, it is rigid enough. It's currently sitting directly on that spare tire holder thingy. You CAN push the liner down where there are hollow spaces underneath, like where the jack and tire chambers are...but it should be able to hold decent weight like that.

If you put something really heavy back there, like a car battery, that might be a different story. It might "draw up" on the edges from the weight. The WT cargo liner is really not that rigid, but the fact that it conforms very well to the sides of the cargo bay really helps it stay in place...even without the OEM liner underneath.

hope that answers your question

hippiesrock03

Go Kart Champion
Just for you, I went out and removed my stock liner and WeatherTech cargo mat, and then put the WT cargo mat back in.

Answer: Yes, it is rigid enough. It's currently sitting directly on that spare tire holder thingy. You CAN push the liner down where there are hollow spaces underneath, like where the jack and tire chambers are...but it should be able to hold decent weight like that.

If you put something really heavy back there, like a car battery, that might be a different story. It might "draw up" on the edges from the weight. The WT cargo liner is really not that rigid, but the fact that it conforms very well to the sides of the cargo bay really helps it stay in place...even without the OEM liner underneath.

hope that answers your question

Awesome, thanks man. Exactly what I was looking for. So right now you have both in, the WT on top of the oem one. Is that more rigid?

I may just do that and try to clean up that oil spot more. It's still usable, just doesn't look good and is soft on some spots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk