GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Weird DEPO + LED license plate start up..?

NickMk61

Ready to race!
Hey, so tonight I started up my car and I noticed some flickering light on the car behind me.. so I turned off my car and turned it back on again and watched my tail lights and I don't know if its some sort of light checking system being performed by the car or what.. so heres a video of it... it only does it when the lights are off, and it just does it the one time and not anymore after that.. It does it about 5 seconds after turning the car on, so that's why the video isn't very long.. just looks weird and I don't know if I should be worried... Oh and I installed my SPM catless DP and magnaflow CB :p anyways let me know what this could be! Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67yYs91KfG0&feature=youtu.be

Gti For Me

Go Kart Champion
First thing I would do is use vag-com and check for faults in 09 central electronic.Next if you have no faults put your stock tailights back on and see if it does it then put your stock tag lights back in.This is not normal.Did you change the coding for your tailights???

First thing I would do is use vag-com and check for faults in 09 central electronic.Next if you have no faults put your stock tailights back on and see if it does it then put your stock tag lights back in.This is not normal.Did you change the coding for your tailights???

lol... you must be new here.

cold diagnostics. needs to be vag com. normal for a car without codes.

Gti For Me

Go Kart Champion
lol... you must be new here.

cold diagnostics. needs to be vag com. normal for a car without codes.

Well I just saw a thread with DEPO taillights and it does the same thing and guess what it's not normal for these cars.Must be DEPO'S led tailights design system.

Well I just saw a thread with DEPO taillights and it does the same thing and guess what it's not normal for these cars.Must be DEPO'S led tailights design system.

nope. its nothing to do with depo. its cold diagnostics for the leds. He hasn't vagcom'd. he is using the resistor boxes provided with the group buy so they don't throw fault codes. He still needs to vagcom for leds.

all normal.

Gti For Me

Go Kart Champion
nope. its nothing to do with depo. its cold diagnostics for the leds. He hasn't vagcom'd. he is using the resistor boxes provided with the group buy so they don't throw fault codes. He still needs to vagcom for leds.

all normal.

Got it :D

spagett!

Go Kart Champion
So this only happens once with the lights switched to OFF and then there's nothing else unusual when the lights are actually on? I guess it could get a little annoying but if it were me I wouldn't feel rushed to go find someone with vagcom to fix it

NickMk61

Ready to race!
So this only happens once with the lights switched to OFF and then there's nothing else unusual when the lights are actually on? I guess it could get a little annoying but if it were me I wouldn't feel rushed to go find someone with vagcom to fix it

Thanks for all the info guys! But yeah it only does it once, about 5 seconds after turning the car on.. its not that I feel rushed to get it fixed.. not if everything is okay. Its just that I have never seen anything like this and didn't know if it was good or bad :p