GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Weird speedo issue?

NickMk61

Ready to race!
soooo I was driving around town today and when I decided to stomp on the gas I felt a little tug on the steering wheel and the speedo dropped to 0 and then back up to my current speed....... It was just weird.. watching my speedo fall to 0 and then jump back up... what could it have been? its happened a few times... but I thought nothing of it.

NickMk61

Ready to race!
Possibly a short?

I have a Passat 2.5 loaner and noticed the speedo twitching today
ive been having a few different electrical problems ever since I installed DDMs HID kit...I get an ESP error with a blinking TPMS when I start the car but it dissipates 10 seconds after I start driving.. and during the duration of ESP error the power steering isnt fully active, and once the errors go away the steering wheel goes from being like mush to solid and smooth, how it normally is... would these issues be resolved when I eventually get the lights coded? Or perhaps I should check my install :confused:

Edit: I'm only assuming its because of the HIDs that these problems have popped up.. I didn't have any issues prior.

Also.. the HIDs wouldn't fire up if there was a problem with the install though... right?

Last edited: