GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Well damn ....

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Even better A3 Quattro DSG, basically the Golf R with a slightly longer body, DSG, Audi badges, and newer TSI engine.

K04 it and RASEKAR.

^ smart guy ;)

JhnR

Banned
Golf R is a better all arounder..i think when it comes to daily needs, etc..i mean both are nice, the M of course is gorgeous..

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
I'd pick the M3. Then again, I don't care about fuel mileage at all anymore. Drive both, see which tickles your jimmies more.

adolan21

Ready to race!
M3 hands down. If it didn't get such bad gas mileage I would daily one. But that 4.0L V8 sounds amazing one of my favs.

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
I'm all for getting the M3 but, it's gonna suck balls when it comes around time to service that thing. BMW will rape your wallet.

Jeffs2013GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I would go with the Golf R, the M3 will cost even MORE $$$$ to insure unless your like 85. Also, Gas, and IF something were to break OMG

B......Big............M..........Money.........W.........Worries.

Jeff

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
I would go with the Golf R, the M3 will cost even MORE $$$$ to insure unless your like 85. Also, Gas, and IF something were to break OMG

B......Big............M..........Money.........W.........Worries.

Jeff

My 2011 gti costs more to insure then my 08 m3 did. I'm 31 married no accidents or points ever live in NJ

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
There's a 2-door TR Golf R with 10k miles in Nashville, TN and they're asking 28.9. I know that's far from you, but I mention it to illustrate that the deals are getting better.

I can't do two door... and its red :(. But yes if it is a "base" model it's not an "amazing deal" Essentially I am just looking at 4 doors only. Having 2 doors is one of my main gripes with my current TDI.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
So I was doing my 30k service...

Sat in a Golf RRRRRR

FMLL

DAT STEERING WHEEL
DOSE BLUE NEEDLES
DOSE METAL DOOR SILLS AND METAL INTERIOR INSERTS
DAT LEATHER INTERIOR AND LEATHER ON THE DOORS
DAT PIANO BLACK GLOSS SHIFTER SURROUND
DOSE BRAKES

seriously.. digging the car.

Also saw a 4 door DSG moon-roofed GTI with no leather or HIDs with a 29700 sticker?!dafuq

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
To add some more to this thread... I may sorta kinda start seeing this girl. And this is the kicker... she lives 65 miles away 1 way. Went out yesterday and I drove 230 miles.... I averaged 41mpg. That kind of MPG is hard to give up. I only used up 1/3 of a tank in the TDI, on the M3 I would have gone through the entire thing.

The financejewguy in me is an ASSHOLE. That's all I have to say...

I don't think I can manage to have the m3 as the only car I drive, just makes no sense. And I don't think I'll have it a second car because it's too good as a daily driver. I am not sure if that makes sense...

But similar to the setup I had before with my corvette... I may just go back to that. Full on balls out car for the "weekend" and fun commuter. Honestly I have come to realize that is the only way to fly for me.

GOLF R is the closest compromise car I can think of. The only issue with it is price at 35k OTD best case scenario, I'd rather get a used corvette/m3. But don't quote me yet... if I get a deal I will snatch one up.

Last edited:

2013R

Drag Race Newbie

Sat in a Golf RRRRRR

FMLL

DAT STEERING WHEEL
DOSE BLUE NEEDLES
DOSE BRAKES

Also saw a 4 door DSG moon-roofed GTI with no leather or HIDs with a 29700 sticker?!dafuq

ha... until i got done reading your post I thought you hated everything about the R..

I'm sure you've seen the certified 2012 Rising Blue at Capitol VW with 10k miles on it.. asking $32k or something.. maybe its a base. i was tempted, but maybe for $29-30.

here it is.. hmmm i see navigation in a pic.. wish i had the resources to go buy it right now.. but i don't. but nothing to lose so i asked them for an estimate on my Bee.

no front plate drilled...

http://www.capitolvolkswagen.com/ce...San-Jose-143f7da20a0a0002018f48a1e10b953c.htm

Last edited:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

Sat in a Golf RRRRRR

FMLL

DAT STEERING WHEEL
DOSE BLUE NEEDLES
DOSE BRAKES

you're killin' me, smalls.

All that shit is the same as an Autobahn GTI with just different piano black trim pieces swapped in :lol:

blue needles.. ok.. sure, they look nice.

sills... ok, I could care less about shit like that.

same leather seats.

brakes... good... but not great for the weight of that car.

I'm surprised you were that impressed just sitting in one. Have you not sat in an Autobahn?

To add some more to this thread... I may sorta kinda start seeing this girl. And this is the kicker... she lives 65 miles away 1 way. Went out yesterday and I drove 230 miles.... I averaged 41mpg. That kind of MPG is hard to give up. I only used up 1/3 of a tank on the M3 I would have gone through the entire thing.

The financejewguy in me is an ASSHOLE. That's all I have to say...

I don't think I can manage to have the m3 as the only car I drive, just makes no sense. And I don't think I'll have it a second car because it's too good as a daily driver. I am not sure if that makes sense...

But similar to the setup I had before with my corvette... I may just go back to that. Full on balls out car for the "weekend" and fun commuter. Honestly I have come to realize that is the only way to fly for me.

GOLF R is the closest compromise car I can think of. The only issue with it is price at 35k OTD best case scenario, I'd rather get a used corvette/m3. But don't quote me yet... if I get a deal I will snatch one up.

For a premium R, maybe on the OTD. Base, cheaper. Used of each... a lot cheaper.

08+ Corvette would be baller. Or a 2002+ Z06 if on a smaller budget.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
ha... until i got done reading your post I thought you hated everything about the R..

I'm sure you've seen the certified 2012 Rising Blue at Capitol VW with 10k miles on it.. asking $32k or something.. maybe its a base. i was tempted, but maybe for $29-30.

here it is.. hmmm i see navigation in a pic.. wish i had the resources to go buy it right now.. but i don't. but nothing to lose so i asked them for an estimate on my Bee.

no front plate drilled...

http://www.capitolvolkswagen.com/ce...San-Jose-143f7da20a0a0002018f48a1e10b953c.htm

that's a premium, the price isn't too bad, imho, but there should be plenty of room to move on it. By us, premiums new had dropped to $33,9K, I would venture to start out at $30K for this and probably pay no more than $31K.