GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What car did you almost get over the GTI.

czhao1009

Ready to race!
Hmmm for me it's kinda weird.
I first looked at convertibles, z4, miata, s2000
then because of 50 mile highway commute, I started looking at golf TDIs.
Dealer won't work on the numbers, a base model would cost me close to $27 OTD.
screw it.... I'm going for the GTI !

toddnick

Passed Driver's Ed
None....

GTI's had attracted me for years...but somehow I never ended up in one...

When it was time to trade in my Mazda3, I knew what I wanted...even down to the options....

I love the look of the GTI, almost from an architectural perspective, the lines of the car are awesome....

I also knew that I wanted white (and I've never owned a white car before, though I've purchased 6 new cars before, starting with a 1986 Honda Prelude)....to me white highlights the red and black accents much better than other colors....

I've had a MT and sunroof in every car I've owned and had to have them again....

I also love the plaid seats (very unique)....

The only mod that I have made in 4 months was to add Cherry Red LED tails....these add a whole new dimension to the backside looks....

No regrets with 6,000 miles.....

Last edited:

steady-_-eddy

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm new to the forums and hopefully I don't get bashed, but I was really looking into a used A4. I couldn't afford a brand new car, and then I started looking into the GLI. Something about that car that I didn't like when I test drove it. To me, it felt like the car was all over the place on the road.

I then laid eyes on the Golf-R . But I really didn't want to pay almost 40,000, so I test drove this beauty called the GTI. I've personally always loved the GTI's. From the Mk5's to now the MK6's. I'm very happy with my decision. Brand spanking new 2012 with Sunroof and Nav. The only thing is, I kinda now wish I would've gone with the full blown autobahn. I miss leather and premium sound. I can deal with not having leather, but am I really missing something big by not having dyna audio?

Murasamee1

Ready to race!
When I got my first GTI, I was looking around for anything in the 20k to 26k range. I drove EVERYTHING, and to be honest I was pretty set on getting a Rabbit...but then, I test drove a GTI, and the choice was easy.

When I was looking to upgrade late last year, I had a much bigger budget, so I was looking at Audi and BMW. For fun, I test drove a 2012 GTI, and I was sold once again. There is just something about this car.

elwood1

Ready to race!
I traded a 2007 STI Limited on my GTI. I loved that car, but the ringland failures (including on my car) made me look elsewhere. I looked at a Golf R, but it would have cost me about $9000 more than the GTI Autobahn 6 speed I took delivery of yesterday.

Rock Strongo1

Ready to race!
I'm new to the forums and hopefully I don't get bashed, but I was really looking into a used A4. I couldn't afford a brand new car, and then I started looking into the GLI. Something about that car that I didn't like when I test drove it. To me, it felt like the car was all over the place on the road.

I then laid eyes on the Golf-R . But I really didn't want to pay almost 40,000, so I test drove this beauty called the GTI. I've personally always loved the GTI's. From the Mk5's to now the MK6's. I'm very happy with my decision. Brand spanking new 2012 with Sunroof and Nav. The only thing is, I kinda now wish I would've gone with the full blown autobahn. I miss leather and premium sound. I can deal with not having leather, but am I really missing something big by not having dyna audio?

The Autobahn GTI is nicer than any A3 save for the Titanium Package (good luck finding one). In my opinion it's worth the cost alone not to have the awful plaid seats.

GDOGGTI

Go Kart Champion
I almost get a Jeep Wrangler.... lol i was car shopping between the two and it came down to gas efficiency pretty much

svwag

2012 Audi S4, then decided I didn't need Quattro and that much speed, also I'm a cheap bastard, so saved the $30k and got my Autobahn.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

CFG9000

Ready to race!
I was leaning towards waiting for the 2013 Ford Fusion, with its Aston-ish looks and high tech level. Two things stopped me: Ford's early estimates priced a loaded Fusion around $5k more than I was willing to spend, and test-driving the GTI Autobahn sold me immediately on it.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
True story. I actually had a TDI for about 16 hours. I couldnt sleep that night and all i could think about was all the time and money I would put into mods just make it drive closer to the GTI. I drove it right back to the dealership and saw the black autobahn still in plastic wrap and I begged my dealer to swap it. Whew! I almost had a TDI w/ no leather, sunroof, or dynaudio.

99bajakid

Ready to race!
oddly 2 completely different cars.

I really had my heart set on a golf R, but I needed to get rid of my truck at the time and didn't have enough down to keep the payments where i needed them.

I was also considering the TDI (huge fan of diesels!)

so the GTI was a good compromise between the two :)