GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Jarred767

Ready to race!
were you able to stay in your budget? what year and how many miles?
Pretty close. I ended up deciding that I'd go up to $10k if a car it all of my needs/wants. I knew I'd have to travel or have one shipped for any one I hid, so had to include that in my cost.

This one is a 2011 4dr, 6MT, sunroof/navy with 96000 miles for $8900. After shipping from PA to OR it was just over my 10k budget, but still a great deal I felt like. It's bone stock, perfectly clean title, one owner and meticulously maintained with all major maintenance stuff (tires, all brakes/rotors, carbon cleaning, spark plugs etc) done within the last ~15k miles and fresh fluid changes and detail. Awesome owner from what I can tell, and I feel great about it.

Now I gotta figure out what I wanna do with it once it arrives.

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
Pretty close. I ended up deciding that I'd go up to $10k if a car it all of my needs/wants. I knew I'd have to travel or have one shipped for any one I hid, so had to include that in my cost.

This one is a 2011 4dr, 6MT, sunroof/navy with 96000 miles for $8900. After shipping from PA to OR it was just over my 10k budget, but still a great deal I felt like. It's bone stock, perfectly clean title, one owner and meticulously maintained with all major maintenance stuff (tires, all brakes/rotors, carbon cleaning, spark plugs etc) done within the last ~15k miles and fresh fluid changes and detail. Awesome owner from what I can tell, and I feel great about it.

Very nice. Welcome to the club! Once you start modding its very difficult to stop. If nothing else, get a stage 1 tune.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Didn't do anything with it today except look around at parts...

My headliner needs to be redone, so I found some fabric on amazon. Then I found some adhesive spray that'll hopefully work better than what they used at the factory.

It'll be a few months before I tackle this job probably, but I think I'll do a bit of an interior refresh at the same time.

Like the last time I took my door panels off this molding nearly fell apart.

Then I was browsing ECS and found these RS style door pulls and I'm reallllly thinking about ordering a set. The DIY doesn't look too bad.

93serprise

Ready to race!
Installed maxton design rear trunk spoiler, and swapped out wheels. I likey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Renck

Ready to race!
Installed the Cobb SF intake, put some black caps in and installed a buddy's catch can design today. What do you guys think of my newish engine bay?!

It looks really, really cool! :thumbsup:

Once she arrives, you are going to love her. About what are you going to do to her, well, be ready to open that wallet very frequently!

I purchased my baby back in May and I have been doing working on her pretty much every weekend!

Congrats and welcome to the club!

Installed maxton design rear trunk spoiler, and swapped out wheels. I likey.

Where are the pics!?!?!

At my end I installed a downpipe, air intake, front bumper lip, and upgrade to APR Stage 2.4

:happyanim:

PhthaloType

Go Kart Champion
Did a very fine wet sand and polish on part of the front fascia. Apparently it had been sprayed in one area, but they didn't bother to really finish it. Now it's much smoother and better blended.

That's also practice for when I patch up the front license plate screw holes. Yesterday I filled them with Bondo spot putty (#907), and soon I'll sand/paint/sand/polish.

93serprise

Ready to race!
Pics of the new wheels and the maxton rear extension.

ahard48

Ready to race!
Did about a 525 mile trip this weekend into the ADK region, and usually same time every year. Last year was completely stock but was really fun. This year I had fresh coilovers and APR stage 1 tune! At first I was a little nervous but the car felt great. Perfect weather made for excellent back road driving.

93serprise

Ready to race!
Pulled the trigger on Unitronic stage 2 dsg software with the cable to tune my shizzle from home:) should feel amazing with my Ko4 based on research.

Vroomtt

Passed Driver's Ed
I've had my Mk6 gti for about two months now. A black 2013 DSG 4dr Driver's Edition w/ 28k miles! Also, already had a fully loaded APR tune!

Within that time: Full APR intake, Gentex Auto-dimming rear view mirror with home-link retrofit, Brushed Steel 3m interior trim wrap, Driver side under-seat drawer. Super happy with it so far.

DG springs also just arrived and will be going on next weekend!

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Put it on a flatbed & sent it to the dealer.

Went to leave this morning & the brake pedal was hard as a rock. Drove slowly around the block & came back home because it had no brakes. I'm guessing a bad brake booster or a dead vacuum pump. I should know some time tomorrow. Thank goodness for a CPO warranty.

tturbocar

Passed Driver's Ed
Parked her until I have time to check the tensioner. shes at 99k right now and dont want to risk it since I dont have any of the information from the previous owner, and the vw dealer here only said the roof rack has been the only thing done at there dealer :(

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
I've had my Mk6 gti for about two months now. A black 2013 DSG 4dr Driver's Edition w/ 28k miles! Also, already had a fully loaded APR tune!

Within that time: Full APR intake, Gentex Auto-dimming rear view mirror with home-link retrofit, Brushed Steel 3m interior trim wrap, Driver side under-seat drawer. Super happy with it so far.

DG springs also just arrived and will be going on next weekend!

Putting the DG springs on OEM shocks and dampers? Will like to see how it looks once they are on.