GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
New tie rod kit and whiteline ball joints going in today. If I have time I'll do a DIY alignment and adjust my endlinks again.
The motor looks relatively clean from the underside. Still some oil that's building up in a few spots. Debating on if it's a good idea to take it out for a refresh this winter.

Cwmk6

Passed Driver's Ed
Put the complete plastic closed APR intake back on, versus the all-metal eBay one. Less turbo noise, slightly more exhaust noise, better torque around 2k, but slightly less throttle response and I get the sensation the power is plateauing, or there's less top-end. All that given, I absolutey love it and am keeping it this way unless I buy the APR open filter. Have a good day. Oh, and the DWS 06's are so badass in icey slush. These Subies that are everywhere are going 5 under lol.

DucMike

Upgraded RNS-510 with MIB2 PQ head unit.
Curious what you had to do to make that head unit play nice with the car. I’m installing a non-nav version of it and can’t get the component protection off of it. I work at a dealership and even with it plugged into ODIS, they can’t seem to see it to find and remove component protection.

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
Curious what you had to do to make that head unit play nice with the car. I’m installing a non-nav version of it and can’t get the component protection off of it. I work at a dealership and even with it plugged into ODIS, they can’t seem to see it to find and remove component protection.
The place I ordered it from took care of everything prior to sending it out to me. The installation was plug and play.

EZT - Euro Zone Tuning out of CT is where I purchased it. They’re very helpful and responsive through their messaging system.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Same bro... Never gonna sell it though.
Yeah I’m debating what to do. I need a car I can rely on so I need something else… thinking about getting a Corolla hatch. After that I can just treat the GTI like a toy; if I don’t need it to run I can do big projects on it and leave it on stands for as long as necessary.

Right now if it’s the rear main seal I can’t fix it myself because I can’t just get it done fast enough with my other responsibilities.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car is leaking oil all over my garage floor now, I think it’s the rear main seal. I’m out of patience with this car as it’s something new every few months.
Exactly what I'm dealing with. I had a good run with nearly 10 years of track driving. Been one thing after another the last year though.

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Exactly what I'm dealing with. I had a good run with nearly 10 years of track driving. Been one thing after another the last year though.
I've only owned for 3 years and I got the crappy end of the stick (155k miles - bought with 137k).

@MrFancypants U going to Amelia Concours?

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Yeah I’m debating what to do. I need a car I can rely on so I need something else… thinking about getting a Corolla hatch. After that I can just treat the GTI like a toy; if I don’t need it to run I can do big projects on it and leave it on stands for as long as necessary.

Right now if it’s the rear main seal I can’t fix it myself because I can’t just get it done fast enough with my other responsibilities.

Best decision I made was moving the GTI to a none dependent car. Like you said allows for bigger projects and you don’t have to worry about it as much.

Get a Honda or Toyota for daily use and reduce your stress.

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Best decision I made was moving the GTI to a none dependent car. Like you said allows for bigger projects and you don’t have to worry about it as much.

Or do what I did and get another GTI

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion

Yeah I’m going back and forth between a Corolla and a Civic for my “will never die” appliance. The Civic is objectively nicer but I was surprised by the Corolla… it’s pretty fun to chuck around.