GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Took the car out to do a datalog yesterday and ended up getting constant misfires on cylinder 1 after. I verified plug gap, swapped coils, checked compression, and leakdown. I think injector 4 that was giving me misfires before ended up in cylinder 1. Ordered a new injector and 4 seal kits along with the tool. Going to pull off the intake mani and replace that injector, and all the seals on the other ones to make sure they're all good. Hopefully that fixes it and it doesn't come back.

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
Took it to the stealership for P2568 no CEL but code is pending . Im hoping they say it's the water pump thermostat. And not the G611 sensor. The temp gauge has also been sporatic. Fingers crossed they agree to replacing the water pump other wise I'll have to pay out of pocket and take it elsewhere.

I told them that in 2016 when I had p2568 VW authorized waterpump replacement. Which they have records of .

Update : dealership says p2568 is related to the G611 sensor on the radiator. And refuse to replace waterpump thermostat. Even though they replaced the water pump the second time I got p2568 . Which was shortly after the replaced the radiator/G611 sensor. Well $150 wasted for diagnostic.

I think I'll do the waterpump first and go from there . I know I could get the G611 sensor and have it sliced into the harness, but I'll consider that as a last resort.

Last edited:

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Took it to the stealership for P2568 no CEL but code is pending . Im hoping they say it's the water pump thermostat. And not the G611 sensor. The temp gauge has also been sporatic. Fingers crossed they agree to replacing the water pump other wise I'll have to pay out of pocket and take it elsewhere.

I told them that in 2016 when I had p2568 VW authorized waterpump replacement. Which they have records of .
I have a sneaky suspicion that I'm a in a similar boat, temp gauge being sporadic and smelling coolant occasionally. I need to check for codes and see whats in there. I'm not in-the-know and its been almost 10 years since the mk6 was new, but are water pumps still covered by VW or are we on our own?

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
I have a sneaky suspicion that I'm a in a similar boat, temp gauge being sporadic and smelling coolant occasionally. I need to check for codes and see whats in there. I'm not in-the-know and its been almost 10 years since the mk6 was new, but are water pumps still covered by VW or are we on our own?

Are you losing any coolant from the tank?

I had mine done in '21 and the answer I was given by the dealership was it depends... they told me that I was still eligible for the extended service action thingie, but that my WP gasket had failed due to oil seepage from the valve cover, and so in VWOA's eyes that's not a water pump problem but a VC gasket problem and thus no warranty service on the WP. However if I had them do the VC gasket, clean up the engine a little, and then ask VWOA for confirmation of water pump warranty I would likely be covered. That's the route I took and they were able to replace the pump under warranty.

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
My is a 2013 the class action lawsuit extended waterpumps to 100k miles or 10years I can't remember if I was for all models. I'm still within 10year mark. But dealership refuses to replace the waterpump because they say it's the radiator.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion

I had mine done in '21 and the answer I was given by the dealership was it depends... they told me that I was still eligible for the extended service action thingie, but that my WP gasket had failed due to oil seepage from the valve cover, and so in VWOA's eyes that's not a water pump problem but a VC gasket problem and thus no warranty service on the WP. However if I had them do the VC gasket, clean up the engine a little, and then ask VWOA for confirmation of water pump warranty I would likely be covered. That's the route I took and they were able to replace the pump under warranty.
No, its not the tank, that was the first place I looked. I'm not worried about the vc gasket having leaked, VW resealed it 30k ago when the valve spring broke and it's still dry; plus I've always monitored that as I know that oil seeping from there tends to be the killer of the WP gasket. I doubt its the radiator as I feel like I would see something on the belly panel in that gap between the fans and the engine. The car is a 2014 and only has 75k, I guess the worst they can say is no.

Thumper

Autocross Champion

Damn, that's an amazing dealership to do that LOL

Got the R all freshed up for track season.

Changed the cam follower, oil/filter, trans fluid, bevel box fluid, rear diff fluid and Haldex fluid. By the time it's time for the diffs and Haldex again I'll hopefully have forgotten the ordeal they are. LOL

TroyBoy

Go Kart Newbie
Finished replacing the PO's not to my expectations old Kenwood Stereo
New Kenwood Excelon, replaced the stock AMP with 6 channel JBL DSP. Flashed Maestro RR, Added XM and Navi
Replaced the old school license plate backup camera / wonky setup with manual button for reverse camera (WTH) with a China special that mounts to lic plate light and is activated once in reverse

STEREO SOUNDS AMAZING! It's hard to believe the sound is so good. I wasn't getting enough power from the Dynaudio stock amp
Camera works very well too

Replaced all speakers last year, added a new amp and shallow sub installed in the Uber-Stealth under floor sub box. The head unit / amp was the final piece.
Well not final final (is it ever?) as I will install the hatch logo backup cam is next.

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion
Finished replacing the PO's not to my expectations old Kenwood Stereo
New Kenwood Excelon, replaced the stock AMP with 6 channel JBL DSP. Flashed Maestro RR, Added XM and Navi
Replaced the old school license plate backup camera / wonky setup with manual button for reverse camera (WTH) with a China special that mounts to lic plate light and is activated once in reverse

STEREO SOUNDS AMAZING! It's hard to believe the sound is so good. I wasn't getting enough power from the Dynaudio stock amp
Camera works very well too

Replaced all speakers last year, added a new amp and shallow sub installed in the Uber-Stealth under floor sub box. The head unit / amp was the final piece.
Well not final final (is it ever?) as I will install the hatch logo backup cam is next.
Now go active and learn to really use that DSP, you've got another level of sound quality potential waiting on a good tune.

TroyBoy

Go Kart Newbie
So True Right! Actually about 90% done with that as well. Hence the Amazing sound ;)
One of my other cars has a pretty high end setup I did a couple of years ago, and it sounds good. But no DSP and now I can really tell the difference.

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion
So True Right! Actually about 90% done with that as well. Hence the Amazing sound ;)
One of my other cars has a pretty high end setup I did a couple of years ago, and it sounds good. But no DSP and now I can really tell the difference.
That's awesome. A DSP, measurement microphone, and REW add up to a complete game changer if you're into great stereo.

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion
In the future I hope to go to the next level DSP with the measurement mic & REW, the 4086 is a manual tune.
It becomes more of a hobby than a project at that point, but it's something I enjoy. The learning curve can be tough to get over, but it becomes fairly simple after some time, you just have to enjoy it enough to get to that point or else you can easily make it sound worse.