GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

aegis

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Thanks for this;
Also;
if someone wanted me to build a quad tip CBE or TBE I’d entertain the idea. Just can’t justify building an axle back (most expensive to build and ship part).
I would think a full TBE would be big with more parts to ship compared to just some tips with a Y-pipe. Is it because you would prefer to have the muffler on-hand to fit it all up for ABE?
I just might not be understanding

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
A axle back would ship in the exact same box as a CBE or TBE (the AB size is what determined the size box I use)…but nobody’s willing to pay for what a properly built AB costs to manufacture and ship (for this platform anyway, I’ve sold a bunch of BRZ / GR86 AB at $1,350 each).

There’s also by far the most risk in building a AB, because any flaw at all in the Y pipe and I’m throwing $60 minimum in materials in the scrap bin so it’s never going to be a risk I’d take for someone who doesn’t appreciate the craftsmanship enough to buy a full system.

https://youtube.com/shorts/9-b5pP5eDNc?si=KPSZVZldUrtPt7Xd

https://youtube.com/shorts/80zZJ3SbCOA?si=GvBYcBLoV4ZWMQJf

A lot goes into this most people don’t realize. To even buy the boxes these parts ship in you’ve gotta pay freight with lift gate service (unless you have a loading dock). I’ve got over $1,000 worth of boxes in stock at any given time, because you can’t pay a $300 shipping fee for a few here and a few there. A 48x24x12 box ships flat on a 6’ long pallet for reference. They average $250 each going back out with my parts in them, and that’s with a absolutely massive discount.

ChristopherNeil

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
man I've always loved those....but dang, those two turbos are a PITA to get to/work on. Finding one unmolested is going to be hard....
I owned a 2000 (my mistake) for less than a year, maybe even six months. Absolute nightmare for maintenance. Blew a turbo 3 weeks after purchase, broken window regulator when it was raining, and started to develop a 3rd gear grind on heavy pulls. Fixed everything but the transmission and offloaded it.

Kart17

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'17 VW GTI Sport
Replaced wipers.

Dealing with Vland has been a chore already and they are playing dumb stating their Amazon shop isn’t affiliated. What a cluster. Buy once cry once hate to say. Depending on the outcome I may just split these and fix it myself..

khail19

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
Hit 50k this morning driving to work.

Attachments

• PXL_20240417_150101263.jpg
    PXL_20240417_150101263.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 10

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Installed the larger RS3 brake ducts easiest mod so far lol.

Attachments

• IMG_3104.jpeg
    IMG_3104.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3106.jpeg
    IMG_3106.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 24

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Rebuilt another 02Q today, video coming soon.

For anyone wondering 02Q are like Legos if you understand which parts make them fit your desired application.

Also, carnage in the video. Everyone likes to see why things come apart.View attachment 303458View attachment 303459
Would it be possible to put R gearing in a GTI case? I really don't like how tall the gearing is.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Would it be possible to put R gearing in a GTI case? I really don't like how tall the gearing is.
Damn. I was thinking the same thing