GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

wascally wabbitt

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
Finally tried logging via Simos Tools. Unfortunately, it's saying I get misfires and timing pull. I saw instances of multiple misfires on a few pulls. I've never logged before, so I don't have a baseline for what to expect. Car feels like it always has. Should I be concerned?

1714858403550.png

https://datazap.me/u/wascally-wabbit/1-may-2024-151514?log=0&data=6-13-29-30-31&mark=86

1714858435032.png

https://datazap.me/u/wascally-wabbit/4-may-2024-160510?log=0&data=6-13-29-38&solo=38-40&mark=194-107

Last edited:

wascally wabbitt

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
looks fine. take a real log, 2k-6500
Thanks. I added another pic showing timing pull on cyl 2, 3, and 4. Is that still considered OK?

I'll do a real log tomorrow.

Salami

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5R
SimosTools showed 0 to 26 misfires real fast while I was cruising at 65 on my way to my logging spot, and then none during a pull or since. Cars are weird.
I have seen some crazier numbers logging with Simos. What I don't understand is: VCDS does not show ANY misfires and the car runs fine. I would think there would be an EPC with some of the numbers I have seen.

Last edited:

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
IMG_7121.jpeg

Installed some Meyle HD trailing arms. Mainly with the idea to improve the impact noise going out of sunken-in (max 1“ deep, with sharp asphalt edges, vehicle speed 50-60kph) man hole covers.
IMG_7117.jpeg

IMG_7116.jpeg

Tremendous improvement! This loud and unhealthy clunk into the rear body structure is as muffled as the impact into the front now.

Pothole_avoidance _dance further more reduced. Love to hammer through all obstacles with my lowered vehicle while all the SUVs try to avoid them 😂

Side effects: No added NVH, but improved steering connection from the rear.

If you want to change trailing arms make sure to torque them in the right position. From the factory mine were at 32mm, the book calls out for 37mm.
IMG_7114.jpeg

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
I have seen some crazier numbers logging with Simos. What I don't understand is: VCDS does not show ANY misfires and the car runs fine. I would think there would be an EPC with some of the numbers I have seen.

Yeea, right or wrong I assumed it was a false reading. Car runs great and I've never had misfires before. I want to trust it but it just doesn't make sense.

Tyler230

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Finally got the ethanol sensor installed that I bought like 6 months ago. That fuel line on the left was a real pain. Struggled for 20 min before I hit it with a hair dryer and it slid right off. Now to get it wired up to the P3 gauge.
IMG_4750.jpeg

Tyler230

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
P3? halfway to a flex tune…..
I may just try a straight E85 tune first I think. If it’s too inconvenient range-wise I will just wire it back over to the ECU for when the EQT flex files drop.

I definitely dropped the 15A fuel pump fuse in the engine bay somewhere between the battery and the ECU. Have to wait until the wife gets home so I can go grab a new one.