GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What do you guys use for your candy white gti?

olisjk

Passed Driver's Ed
i been using meguiars and it's always very satisfying. I also use the white was they make and that gives it a nice touch as well. Was thinking of trying out the chemical guys seeing as they have a variety of products.

What about you guys?

ktopher

Ready to race!
White car can be very hard to clean and maintain. I would recommend using IronX and claybar to remove the contaminants then use your fave wax/sealant.

_Remy_

Passed Driver's Ed
I really struggled with the CW as I was constantly (I mean weekly) found myself claying the car to remove the raildust that accumulated on the lower panels and bumper.

I chose to go the opticoat gloss coat route and it really helped with the maintenance as the raildust has been reduced greatly. I did the gloss coat myself and was actually fairly easy. It took a whole day to polish and everything but has been holding up great since early summer.

I used Sonax net shield as a 'topper' which may have helped but can't be for sure. More recently, I tried Chemical Guys white light radiant finish for giggles and believe it further helped to bring out the CW color. I also got their innerclean and V7 spay for giggles. I'm a big fan of their stuff as it's priced relatively well and they ship fast as they're on the east coast too.

olisjk

Passed Driver's Ed
I really struggled with the CW as I was constantly (I mean weekly) found myself claying the car to remove the raildust that accumulated on the lower panels and bumper.

I chose to go the opticoat gloss coat route and it really helped with the maintenance as the raildust has been reduced greatly. I did the gloss coat myself and was actually fairly easy. It took a whole day to polish and everything but has been holding up great since early summer.

I used Sonax net shield as a 'topper' which may have helped but can't be for sure. More recently, I tried Chemical Guys white light radiant finish for giggles and believe it further helped to bring out the CW color. I also got their innerclean and V7 spay for giggles. I'm a big fan of their stuff as it's priced relatively well and they ship fast as they're on the east coast too.

Yeah right when I got a white car my OCD began kicking in real bad as I had to wash the car every week haha. I been dying to try Chemical Guys cause I hear nothing but great things about them. I've even heard that the prices are a bit too much but in the end you get amazing results.

The other day I just finished washing the car, what do you know, 2% chance of rain turns out to be a couple hours of complete downpour :mad0259:

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Yeah right when I got a white car my OCD began kicking in real bad as I had to wash the car every week haha. I been dying to try Chemical Guys cause I hear nothing but great things about them. I've even heard that the prices are a bit too much but in the end you get amazing results.

The other day I just finished washing the car, what do you know, 2% chance of rain turns out to be a couple hours of complete downpour :mad0259:

Hm... I disagree w/ this part. Chemical guys is on the cheaper side of professional detailing products. Maybe they have gone up recently, but they are less than many of the products that Phil @ DD carries (for reference to expensive stuff).

olisjk

Passed Driver's Ed
Hm... I disagree w/ this part. Chemical guys is on the cheaper side of professional detailing products. Maybe they have gone up recently, but they are less than many of the products that Phil @ DD carries (for reference to expensive stuff).

I wouldn't know really, but the product sounds great to try! I wonder if there will be a lot of sales for cleaning products with blackfriday/cyber monday coming.

SuperSkyline891

Passed Driver's Ed
I use AMMO products on my car but Meguiars is good stuff. As long as you have a good layer of sealant on your car rail dust shouldn't really be an issue. When I drove my car daily I'd use Iron Out and clay the car in the spring followed by two layers of sealant.

luvdagators

Go Kart Champion
Here is what I use.......
https://www.duragloss.com/
Their clear coat sealant wax is a breeze to use and is durable
Personally I would stay away from chemical guys, over priced difficult to use and not durable

Michael58121

Go Kart Champion
I use chemical guys white kit and I like it. I know a lot of people here may hate it but I haven't had any complaints on it