GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What kind of deals is everyone getting?

bkpr

Ready to race!
I got my 2013 GTI Autobahn 4-door DSG (w mats, first aid kit, trunk dividers) for $297XX = 32K OTD.

simpixelated

Running stock!
I got my 2013 GTI Autobahn 4-door DSG (w mats, first aid kit, trunk dividers) for $297XX = 32K OTD.

Which dealer? I want to get your car exactly and I'm looking at offers from Archer VW in Houston, Autobahn in Fort Worth, and Alamo Heights in San Antonio. Hoping to get a 2012/13 for close to the same price as you.

bkpr

Ready to race!
I eventually got my GTI from Momentum in Richmond. 32K OTD price was first offered by Matt at Archer, matched by Momentum, and even had a $150 lower offer from Rejean at Momentum Clear Lake. Went with Momentum Richmond simply out of convenience to where I live.

I'd recommend Rejean and Matt to deal with as they were super helpful and fast on email.

Will keep an eye out for another United Grey autobahn on the streets!

OttaCee

Ready to race!
Just picked up a 2012 GTI 4dr DSG with convenience and sunroof packages with 7k miles for $24k OTD. Wanted Carbon Steel Gray and everyone I saw online was sold in a few days so when this one came up, had to jump on it.

GmanGTI

Purchased this evening my new 2012 CW 4 door 6-spd GTI for $23500 OTD from Russel VW in Baltimore MD. The entire purchase transaction was very smooth. My salesperson Marty Krist was very helpful and knowledgeable. The finance person Chris did not pressure me to buy the extended warranties or any other useless items. Definitely recommend them.

NeKrArXe

About an hour ago I drove off the lot with my new 2013 GTI 2dr DSG with sunroof/conv/mats OTD for $28k. I traded in a 2007 Rabbit with 90k miles that I still owed $2k on...plus it's transmission was nearly blown.

:thumbup:

jni3

Ready to race!
Purchased this evening my new 2012 CW 4 door 6-spd GTI for $23500 OTD from Russel VW in Baltimore MD. The entire purchase transaction was very smooth. My salesperson Marty Krist was very helpful and knowledgeable. The finance person Chris did not pressure me to buy the extended warranties or any other useless items. Definitely recommend them.

I went into Russell and had a deal lined up for the same car I have now. When I went back to pick it up they lost all my paperwork and renigged on the price we agreed on. They were going to try to double charge me a destination fee even when I told them that it seemed illegal. I ended up buying my car else where for a lot better deal. The Russel sales rep contacted me to see if I was still interested. I filled her in on their loss of sale and the awesome deal I got. You probably had better people to work with.

GmanGTI

I went into Russell and had a deal lined up for the same car I have now. When I went back to pick it up they lost all my paperwork and renigged on the price we agreed on. They were going to try to double charge me a destination fee even when I told them that it seemed illegal. I ended up buying my car else where for a lot better deal. The Russel sales rep contacted me to see if I was still interested. I filled her in on their loss of sale and the awesome deal I got. You probably had better people to work with.

Sorry you had such a bad experience with them :( All my communication with them was via e-mail so I had everything in writing so they honor the price etc.

Last edited:

simpixelated

Running stock!
I'm set on a base 4dr DSG. I'm looking at two options. Which would you pick?

$26,167 out the door for a new 2013 OR
$25,000 out the door for a used 2012 with sunroof and nav, but 1,500 miles?

jinxster

Passed Driver's Ed
2013 CW 4dr DSG Sun+ Nav+ mats/first aid---29414 (50 below invoice) including pre-arranged fee with dealer for transport (car 600 miles away) for exact spec.

jni3

Ready to race!
I've read the forums here and elsewhere and noticed a lot of people paying close to invoice. Is that really the best deal? I was thrown that on both my new VW's and I walked the hell out a few times. I loved hearing the line "there isn't much mark up on these cars" that the sales folks gave me.

jinxster

Passed Driver's Ed
You should be able to do better if you can wait--if you're like me though--you need the car now (notice need..not want) and want something specific not in stock--u have less cards to play with--IMO invoice is the most you should be paying--ideally I'd say you should get significantly below.

Zyoid

Passed Driver's Ed
I've read the forums here and elsewhere and noticed a lot of people paying close to invoice. Is that really the best deal? I was thrown that on both my new VW's and I walked the hell out a few times. I loved hearing the line "there isn't much mark up on these cars" that the sales folks gave me.

Find a good deal (under invoice) on line, find one just like it but close, go at the end of the month, have the dealer match it. That's what I did, price is in here somewhere.

jni3

Ready to race!
i've noticed on a few of the cars, the invoice is just below MSRP. i feel like i hit the jackpot on the price i got for my golf. it was a smooth and easy transaction. i hate seeing people get ripped off by the dealership. i totally understand if you need a car that day.